Crosshair insert for Lyman 20 MJT sight?

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Naphtali

Crosshair insert for Lyman 20 MJT sight?

Post by Naphtali »

On two of my Shiloh 1863s and two .72-caliber English-style muzzleloading rifles I have Lyman 20 MJT target globe front sights (uses reticle inserts). Inserts did not include a cross hair of any sort. Ultimately I want, OEM, custom, or cobbled together on my work table to have an upside down European-style post-and-crosshair insert. I find it easier to drop-down my sights to my target than it is to raise rifle's sights to the target as I had done it for many years.

Apparently Lyman does not offer any crosshair insert for the 20 MJT. Can anyone furnish contact information to a maker or seller of such 20 MJT inserts?

FYI: I found out the utility of drop-down upside down aiming when I affixed a multipost right-handed bow sight on my left-handed bow. When shooting at longer distance targets, target was significantly less obscured than any other form of post or crosshair that was not optical glass or electronic.
When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. Jonathan Swift
MSalyards

Re: Crosshair insert for Lyman 20 MJT sight?

Post by MSalyards »

Try Lee Shaver.