Popular firearm sales sites

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

TexasMac

Popular firearm sales sites

Post by TexasMac »

Those of you considering selling firearms on GunBroker may want to consider one of the other sites such as GunsAuction or Guns International. GunBroker just raised their final value fees once again. Over the last 20 years I’ve sold close to 300 firearms, mostly with GunBroker but also a good many on GunsAmerica and a few on GunsAuction. Most of the firearms were 1885 Browning or Winchester BPCRs in the $1500 to $2500 range. Due to the recent GunBroker final value fee a $2000 firearm would now cost the seller $86.50. So I’ve recently switched to using Guns International. Regardless of the firearms price the listing fee is only $18.00. Of course Guns International is not an auction site so the seller must have a good handle on the firearms value and price it correctly.

GunBroker is by far the most popular and largest firearm auction site and is still the preferred firearms sales platform for those that don’t have a good idea what their firearm is worth. Their large audience and competitive bidding process definitely helps to establish the firearms value, but of course the seller pays a price for that help or advantage over other non-auction listing sites.

The other auction site worth a consideration is GunAuction. A $2000 firearm would cost the seller $38.13

GunsAmerica is a non-auction listing site but their selling fee is similar to GunBroker, costing $80 to sell a $2000 firearm.

Wayne
NRA Life (Benefactor & President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF Member, Author & Publisher of the Browning BPCR book
http://www.texas-mac.com
Kitsap

Re: Popular firearm sales sites

Post by Kitsap »

Wayne,

Thank you for the heads-up.
Dutch44

Re: Popular firearm sales sites

Post by Dutch44 »

i've sold several rifles through GunsInternational for only $15.00 per rifle. A great sight for selling firearms. The original founder passed away recently though.