Luke

Re: Carbines

Post by Luke »

And here I am trying to figure out how to justify a .50 bull barrel . . . :lol:
Limber Up!
bobw

Post by bobw »

Laugh all you want, but you might look at current powder supply and ascertain how you will feed it. I for one have doubts about sporting grade domestic powders being available in enough quantities at an affordable price to meet the demand when shooters start running out. Bobw
bobw
Luke

Post by Luke »

I'm Laughing at me. But yeah, that's a worrisome problem. Estes Energetics did get that 3.1 million grant from the DoD to get the plant back up, so here's hoping.
Limber Up!
bobw

Post by bobw »

That's true but with the gov't funding it's start up they will mandate the majority for military use then Estes will make their rocket engines and last but not least their might be some sporting grade powder. I think it would be damn prudent to get swiss or schuetzen anytime it is availible if possible. Biden is doing his damndest to put gun owners out of business, lr primer shortage, lead costs etc,etc. Between biden and Hodgdon's they have done their best to kill off our hobby. Little guns use less powder. So you shoot.for less cost. Not inexpensive on the subs either. bh209 runs about 1 dollar a shot...bobw
bobw
Ray Newman

Post by Ray Newman »

BobW is onto it!
Grand PooBah
WA ST F. E. S.

In real life may you be the bad ass that you claim to be on social media....
Luke

Post by Luke »

Military usage was always 90% of Goex business. And Estes was always a customer. As in most things, we shall see. Previous management of Goex was VERY bad. That includes Hodgdon.
Limber Up!
Randy Bohannon

Post by Randy Bohannon »

The 40-50 SBN is what I have ordered for my next Shiloh , 24” round barrel 1874 Military Carbine, Patch Box and Bone/Charcoal finish. If I was doing the B/C finish the a patch box was needed to show those spectacular colors .The 40-50 SBN is smokeless powders friendly with several suitable powders.
Luke

Post by Luke »

I'm more worried about lead. The last smelter in this country shut down in 2013. There's still lead mined in this country, but the ore has to be sent overseas to be processed.
Limber Up!