3D printed upgrades for Harvey Deprimer

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

dougf

3D printed upgrades for Harvey Deprimer

Post by dougf »

Just repositing a topic that was accidentally deleted.

This video shows a practical application of 3d printing to our hobby. When using the Harvey Deprimer, I have experienced two pain points - one literally. I find it easy to pinch myself when using a lot of force to pop a difficult primer. The other issue has always been a problem for me with larger calibers - finding the flash hole. I have seen numerous methods to address this issue but 3D printing makes it easy.

See the video below. I created a sleeve that prevents the pinching and a bushing to guide the cartridge. I can print a bushing for any caliber I need in about 30-40 minutes. The material a a rubberized plastic that makes it pretty much unbreakable.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AuPFY0V9HYqVgfE0fuF ... A?e=rVAjwa
steveu834

Re: 3D printed upgrades for Harvey Deprimer

Post by steveu834 »

That’s a neat bit of kit! Are they available?
dougf

Re: 3D printed upgrades for Harvey Deprimer

Post by dougf »

The post wasn't meant to be an advertisement, but eventually I may decide to sell them -- just not on this forum. One issue is that I've noticed is the Harvey handle design has been modified -- look closely at the handle in my video and compare to the handle you see on the current version at harveydeprimer.com. You will notice a difference. I think I can modify the sleeve to fit the new version on his site, but I would have to work from the picture with no way to test.

All that being said, I haven't been able to pinch myself with the sleeve in place and exerting a lot of force and having the primer suddenly pop loose.