Sharps Firearms #4 - Model 1878 "Borchardt Patent" Rifles

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

dbm

Sharps Firearms #4 - Model 1878 "Borchardt Patent" Rifles

Post by dbm »

There was a post (under the topic title 'Leo Reminger') regarding a forthcoming Sharps book about the Borchardt. Rather than loose the information under that thread, following is the latest news update I am aware of. It was posted in September, at which time it was anticipated at least another 12 to 14 months before ready to print.

David
www.researchpress.uk - www.facebook.com/researchpress
Historical Firearms, long range target shooting and military history
bobw

Re: Sharps Firearms #4 - Model 1878 "Borchardt Patent" Rifles

Post by bobw »

That's the info I posted to Barry Jolly's inquiry to Leo Reminger. I talked to one of my fellow board members of the SCA yesterday who is co editing the book. The consensus is it won't go to print till late 2023. Some folks have asked about a 2nd printing of # 2 which sold out in a hurry, I'll make an inquiry on that .. Bob Watts, SCA board member.
bobw
dbm

Post by dbm »

Yes, I figured it would go by unseen by many under the inquiry to Leo Reminger topic. I proof read / fact checked a couple of chapters in Volume #3, and have been receiving drafts of Volume #4 Chapters. As per the update, I am working on the story from the UK aspect with De Witt Bailey.

David Minshall
www.researchpress.uk - www.facebook.com/researchpress
Historical Firearms, long range target shooting and military history
George Babits

Post by George Babits »

Anyone have an idea of when the pre-publication offering might be made? Looks like probably a year or more out.

George
marlinman93

Post by marlinman93 »

The above write up states Dick Labowski is involved in offering up the info from the original Sharps records. Does anyone know why he doesn't answer his phone, or clear out his voice mail so you can contact him for a Sharps letter?
Been trying numerous times to contact him but seems futile. Nobody answers the phone, and he's pretty much impossible to contact.
Dutch44

Post by Dutch44 »

I spoke to Leo recintly and he informed me that after volume 4 is completed they will reprint volume 2. I suggested all 4 volumes in a collectors box. Neat gift idea.