Looking for fellow shooters in Powell Wy.

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

kwilliams

Looking for fellow shooters in Powell Wy.

Post by kwilliams »

I just moved from Montana and hoping to find some local boys who like the long range gong Quigley style shoots.
So if there are any area fun shoots coming in early spring Please let me know. I did join the Heart Mtn. Gun club and will try to make the Jan. meeting to get acquainted.
thanks
KW
gunlaker

Re: Looking for fellow shooters in Powell Wy.

Post by gunlaker »

While not a gong match, if you have an interest in mid range BPTR then I can definitely recommend the spring match in Worland.

Chris.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Think the Heart Mountsin bunch shoot a few fun matches and then have a big one in August. Check with Bob Englebach or Scott Sibley
The Worland guys have some steel targets for bpcr but not sure if they shoot regularly or not Tom or Kodi Outland would be the ones to contact their
There is a match usually in early April at Tensleep
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
VlazyB

Post by VlazyB »

Come on up to Billings and shoot with us Kim. Google the Yellowstone Rifle Club website and click on the calendar for dates. We hold gong and silhouette matches throughout the year. We do enjoy shooting the August match at Heart Mountain club with Scott and the boys every year as well.

Ron Vanden Brink
Coltwcf44

Post by Coltwcf44 »

KW,
I live in Powell and like to try shooting gong targets when I can. Trouble is my time gets taken up by other things way too often. I still help out with farming duties so that should explain my time issues. I've shot the gong match at Heart Mountain Rod and Gun club once. It is a good match and a lot of fun. I showed up there by myself and needed a spotter so they paired me up with another shooter who was passing through to another match. He helped me out a lot and was very patient. Way more than I helped him I'm afraid since it was my first time spotting for someone else. I have heard that the match at Tensleep is a low key match and a good time. I'm planning to try and make that one in the spring. If you'd like to get together for lunch or breakfast and introduce ourselves and talk shooting, send me a PM sometime.

Regards,
Coltwcf44
Aka Harold Stromberger
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

I thought spring in Wyoming began July 4th and ended on August 30th
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

That would be an unusually long spring...
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
Coltwcf44

Post by Coltwcf44 »

We've been in Wyoming for two years. So far the locals keep telling us, "dont get used to this weather this isn't normal for us", as they describe a warm January, a hot summer, a beautiful fall like this year or an artic blast in December. As we wait to experience normal weather, we'll endure the abnormal, I guess.
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

I thought Bob Engleback resides in Powell, Whyroming?
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
JeffFaldo

Post by JeffFaldo »

I always migrate east to Alliance Nebraska starting in the first week in May and ending in the 2nd week in August to shoot the gong matches. Oh there's Ten Sleep in April if the weather looks favorable to cross over Powder River Pass.
ranch23

Post by ranch23 »

There are a few of us in Glenrock that will be interested in all of that, and we're working on a couple of shoots here.
mike herth

Post by mike herth »

Shoots in Glenrock would be a welcome addition to the season so I hope it comes to be.