Books

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Graybeard

Books

Post by Graybeard »

SHARPS FIREARMS - VOLUME I - THE PERCUSSION ERA 1848-1865. VOLUME I Are these books cheaper ordering straight from the Author?? Or from Shiloh?? Thanks
bobw

Re: Books

Post by bobw »

Buy them where you can get them and not worry about the price...bobw
bobw
DaveC

Re: Books

Post by DaveC »

Generally, volume buyers of books get them at a discount that allows them to sell them at the suggested retail price and still make a profit. So I would expect the price to be the same, whoever sells them.

With luck, you might find a used copy cheaper on Amazon or ABE Books, if you watch and wait long enough. Generally, though, with books of this type, when you see them on the resale market they are more expensive than they were originally. After a couple go-rounds of craftily waiting in hopes of an out-of-print book showing up cheap as a remainder or used book, and then spending years searching for a used one even close to the original price, I just buy them new as they are offered.

Mr. Marcot gave prepublication discounts to buyers who sent in their money months in advance, but that was the only break from normal pricing that I ever heard of.