Military target rifle

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Horse Soldier

Military target rifle

Post by Horse Soldier »

Got a Pedersoli military 74. Going to make a military target rifle out of it. Have MVA midrange vernier and a spirit level wind gauge sights coming for it. Something different. Incidentally I think the Pedersoli is much better than the Armisport offering. I’ve had to do a lot of work on the Armisport.
Randy Bohannon

Re: Military target rifle

Post by Randy Bohannon »

Neither are Shiloh’s so what is it that we are supposed to be intrigued by ? Curious as to why .
bohemianway

Post by bohemianway »

I would think it is a Military rifle configuration that many of us would like to see again in a Shiloh but Pedersoli is the only reasonable alternative.

Charles
Horse Soldier

Post by Horse Soldier »

Originally Sharps made 25 military target rifles. The barrels and locks were the same quality as the Creedmoor or Long Range rifles.The stocks were finished better than standard but not as well as the Creedmoor or Long Range rifles. Most were loaned to military teams for competition at Creedmoor and other matches.
Woody

Post by Woody »

If your purpose is to compete in NRA Target Rifle Military category, then you have barked up the wrong tree. No military rife had a soule sight or spirit level front with interchangeable apertures. If your purpose is to have a military looking rifle to play with then you will have something different.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
bobw

Post by bobw »

You can dress a spaghetti gun anyway you want. But in the end you can't take the spaghetti out of that gun. Good luck.bobw
bobw
art ruggiero

Post by art ruggiero »

get a basic shiloh hartford model no extras twice the quality and the same cost art
SFogler

Post by SFogler »

Sharps 3 band.JPG
I have a 3 band Sharps military rifle made by Shiloh in 44-77. I put a soule tang and a spirit level globe front sight on it. It looks like the military Sharps Creedmoor rifles in Marcot's Vol III book. They had tang sights and globe front sights and were in that same caliber. I compete with the regular BPCR rifles in silhoutte matches from time to time but I don't compete with original military rifles because it's not an original. It does pretty well with gg bullets. Still developing pp loads for it. No rifles had soule tang sights in the early Creedmoor matches because they weren't invented until later. So have fun with yours but if you have a chance to get a Shiloh three band on an auction or find someone willing to part with theirs then get it. Nothing can compare to Shiloh quality.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.