3 band military

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

fosjam

3 band military

Post by fosjam »

Any plans on making a 3 band military rifle in the future? That is something I’m very interested in.
bohemianway

Re: 3 band military

Post by bohemianway »

I have asked this question several times over the years and the answer has always been "No". I really would like a 40-50BN.
Amigo

Post by Amigo »

I have a Shiloh 74 three band military rifle in 45/70 .It has a shogun butt,double set triggers and couple that with the ability to add a sling it makes a nice handling deer hunting rifle
Always aim to be careful and always be careful
to aim
SFogler

Post by SFogler »

I have a 3 band military Shiloh Sharps in 44-77. After seeing the Creedmoor military special three band 44-75 in Marcot's book, I put a globe front and tang sight on it. Now it looks just like the Creedmoor three bands in his latest book on Target Sharps rifles. I have used it a couple of times at the monthly silhouette match and continue to develop loads for it. The lighter rifle is easier to hold off hand on the chickens! So it is pretty much historically correct (except it has double set triggers) and also good for silhouette matches.
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

A valid rumor, such a rifle in 45-110 is a true single shot. You fire it once from the shoulder and never again.
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
Kenny Wasserburger

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

desert deuce wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:53 pm A valid rumor, such a rifle in 45-110 is a true single shot. You fire it once from the shoulder and never again.
Saw just the rifle you describe at the Denver collectors show few years back, lettered to a NY or CT Milita. Even who it was shipped too.

Something along the lines of a dedicated marksman’s rifle?

Thought real hard on pulling some funds but decided not too.

I was still working at the time and had just received a bonus.

Kenny
Luke

Post by Luke »

Private purchase by some junior officer who had no idea what he was getting, if I had to guess. No different than what happens all too often today.
Limber Up!
Horse Soldier

Post by Horse Soldier »

I got a Pedersoli military rifle. Not as good as a Shiloh, but much better than an Armisport. Ordered midrange vernier and spirit level wind gauge from MVA. Close as I’m going to get to a Military Target Rifle.