Forsyth Long Range Match

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

semtav

Re: Forsyth Long Range Match

Post by semtav »

Nice job Kim
Did you bring the diapered rounds ?
semtav

Post by semtav »

mike herth wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:49 pm Which one is Towguy? Nicely done on getting this out!
Towguy won the 1200 yd match!!
kwilliams

Post by kwilliams »

Yes Brian, wrapped DD PP .45's. I am liking this new Mcgowen barrel.
parkergunz

Post by parkergunz »

Brian,
Is there is or is their ain't a long range match this Saturday (10/01)? I'm trying to make weekend plans.

Thanks...Mike
Towguy

Post by Towguy »

There will be a long range match this weekend.
parkergunz

Post by parkergunz »

Thanks Wes
Towguy

Post by Towguy »

parkergunz wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:40 pmThanks Wes
Watching the news tonight… it is now weather permitting.
parkergunz

Post by parkergunz »

It shows 90% chance of rain. I'm gonna pass. Probably see you Sunday
semtav

Post by semtav »

Finally after 5 months with poor weather on match day we managed to get in a shoot. Fun even tho it was real windy.
Almost everyone was trying out a new load or new gun.
Had 2 shooting straight black, 2 shooting duplex and 2 shooting smokeless.

My goals were to get sight settings and not have any dirt diggers. So I did get that much accomplished.

------------------------800------------900----------1000 --------Total
Gary -----------------5----------------2--------------0--------------7
Deith-----------------6----------------5--------------2--------------13
Claudia--------------5----------------1--------------2--------------8

Brian------------------6----------------6---------------2-------------14
Al----------------------2---------------5---------------0--------------7
Elwyn---scope-------8----------------3---------------3------------14 MW
semtav

Post by semtav »

Just remembered I had taken this picture while cleaning the rifle, of my sight setting of the last shot at 1000 yds yesterday. Which was a lesson in stupidity all its own.
I had been having trouble seeing the bull at 200 yds and less when working up the load, so I put a big aperture in the front sight. I didn't realize that altho it naturally centered a black bull, It doesn't naturally center a tiny white bull at 1000 yds. so half way thru the relay, and knowing I was headed for a goose egg, I called time out and went and got a smaller aperture. Accidently picked the smallest, which wasn't ideal for my eyes, but I wasn't about to test the feelings about another time out. managed to hit 2 of the last 4. ----32 min if I can read right.
windage.jpg

slightly smaller than this one:

aperture.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
semtav

Post by semtav »

Had my doubts about even holding the match knowing it was possible it was gonna get pretty muddy by the end.
But Glad we did it. Turned out to be one of the funnest matches I've attended it a long time. The Wild Horse crew finally made it to a LR shoot for the first time and they were a hoot. The banter started early and never let off til the last shot was fired.
We made the decision to not drive in on the frost, knowing we'd go out in the mud, so we hauled the equipment in on a trailer.
I was shooting my Wesson #1 for the first time in a match and after the 800 yd target was having my doubts about it, but luckily it just turned out to be the trigger puller causing it problems.
Harlen and Steve started out the best, and after the first target, Harlen and I pretty much stayed together shot for shot until the final shot. Came down to him needing to hit and me miss the last shot for him to win. Didn't quite work out that way. Course he said I sand bagged him. But he was the one to pick his sitting spot. By the time we were done, all his stuff was floating in water. Good thing he wasn't shooting prone like me. ( or maybe that was the reason he said I sandbagged him). :lol:
Steve was shooting three different loads so he had some pretty interesting shots. and Deith and Brian Lee found out if they groaned loud enough and called a miss it would almost always hit. It got so bad we started deducting points every time they did that.
Harlen and I lucked out. As soon as our relay was over the temperature dropped 5 deg and the wind picked up. We had shed our coats earlier and they quickly went back on.

---------------------------------------800------------------900-------------------1000------------------Total
Brian S................................5.....................7.......................7.....................19
Harlen.................................6....................6........................6.....................18

Brian L..............................4.......................2.......................2......................8
Deith................................5.......................4.......................5......................14
Steve...............................6.......................4........................3......................13

LR match.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mike herth

Post by mike herth »

Congrats to you five hardy mountain men! I’m watching it snow down here again and wishing I still had my X-C skis. But sitting in front of the fireplace with a good book and a cold beer is also enjoyable.
semtav

Post by semtav »

It turned winter here too. Glad we shot yesterday.

Hoping to get some nice weather so I can Run this Wesson #1 to Cody and get the action and parts hardened and blued, now that I know it's gonna shoot.
semtav

Post by semtav »

Just got home and checked the range.
Looks really good for that 50° day tomorrow.
semtav

Post by semtav »

Bring your best loads or your test loads. I'm bringing the latter !!
40-82 Borchardt