Goex and Schuetzen Velocities

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

ccongos@me.com

Goex and Schuetzen Velocities

Post by ccongos@me.com »

New Shiloh owner here and my first post. Just received my sporter #3 Hartford Louis and Clark commemorative about a week ago!

Wanted to share that I ran both Goex and Schuetzen over the weekend through it, same bullet, same powder charge.

Got around 150 fps faster with the Goex. Surprised it was that much is all.

Pleased to be here and sooo happy with the new rifle.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Chad
JonnyV
Location: Living in a van down by the river eatin’ Govt cheese

Re: Goex and Schuetzen Velocities

Post by JonnyV »

Welcome! This is the place to be for all manner of tinkering and experimenting with black powder!

What is your rifle chambered in?
ccongos@me.com

Post by ccongos@me.com »

45 1/10

I just had a nice conversation with Phyllis on the phone yesterday, and I should be getting the factory letter soon. I estimate that it was manufactured around 2004.

It was a consignment at Buffalo Arms Co. Those are some great people over there, too!
-Chad
gunlaker

Post by gunlaker »

Schuetzen powder is slow stuff. I shot a couple of cans of it through my Borchardt in 45-90 and Schuetzen FFg was nearly 100fps slower than Swiss 1.5. Very inconsistent velocities too when compared to Swiss.

Chris.
bpcrshooter62

Post by bpcrshooter62 »

Hi welcome to the best time one can have anywhere!! Now all you need is to put some mid or long range sites on it and come and shot sum silhouettes with us !! have fun stay safe and warm and have fun shooting!!
ccongos@me.com

Post by ccongos@me.com »

Working on that! I am on the lookout for a group of BPCR guys in my neck of the woods. I'm in the DFW area if any of you gents are out there.
-Chad
steveu834

Post by steveu834 »

You can buy Swiss from petro explosives in Arlington. You have to call or email your order and they will have it a few days. They don’t store on site. Tambi handles the sales.
ccongos@me.com

Post by ccongos@me.com »

Cool, i'll give them a call, thank you! I'm also looking for BPCR guys in or around DFW. Ping me if you're out there.
-Chad