Creedmoor, Oak Ridge, TN

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

SSShooter

Creedmoor, Oak Ridge, TN

Post by SSShooter »

Good turn-out for the Oak Ridge, TN Creedmoor match this weekend.
Creedmoor.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Glenn
Woody

Re: Creedmoor, Oak Ridge, TN

Post by Woody »

Waiting to see results. Wish I was there, but this will be a season of local shooting for me.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

Day-1 (300 & 1000yd) results are posted on Ian's facebook page.
Glenn
art ruggiero

Post by art ruggiero »

looks like creed moor is alive and well art
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

24 cartridge shooters and 15 muzzle-loaders.
Wille Pool ahead by 5pts in cartridge and Tony Martello leads by 3pts in ML.
Day-2 (600 & 1000yd) is cloudy with 15-25mph winds, with gusts to 45. As someone stated, "Should be interesting."
Glenn
JonnyV
Location: Living in a van down by the river eatin’ Govt cheese

Post by JonnyV »

That looks like a great match! Would love to get video of a match like that!
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

Video? That's like shooting a semi-auto for us luddites.
Glenn
JonnyV
Location: Living in a van down by the river eatin’ Govt cheese

Post by JonnyV »

Video helps introduce new people to the sport.
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

Lots of good pic's on Ian's facebook page.
Cartridge winner was Willie Pool and ML was Lee Shaver.
Glenn
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

SSShooter wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:58 pm Cartridge winner was Willie Pool and ML was Lee Shaver.
Correction.......... Bob Boswell was the cartridge winner.
Glenn
ian45662

Post by ian45662 »

Willie was the cartridge winner. Bob was in the senior class and they were allowed to shoot one of the 1000 yard events with support. Us younger folks had to shoot a relay at 1000 unsupported. So yes it is true that Bob did have a higher score than Willie did but Bob was given the opportunity to shoot from sticks because he fell into the senior category and in that class muzzleloaders and breach loaders competed with each other.
RB1Shooter

Post by RB1Shooter »

Would it be possible to have pictures posted on some other media / forum than Facebook. Many of us are not FB members and access often requires you become a member. Thanks from non-social media folks.
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

Speaking only for our range, I understand why some folks are so hesitant to join facebook, but it is so stinking easy to put pictures on it. Literally with just a couple of clicks, entire albums can be posted. Trying to post them on other venues takes a lot of time nobody has or wants to spend. Facebook can be joined with very minimal information, and it can only be used to view the pictures you want to see. I would encourage folks to use facebook to see the pictures rather than request match directors to spend copious amounts of time trying to accommodate a minority of the shooters. We have some that still won't use a computer. Should match directors be asked to print photos and snail mail them out as well?

I'm not trying to be snarky, just trying to inform those that don't know what all is involved.
Cody
charlie young

Post by charlie young »

I did go to Facebook to look at Ian's pictures. Since I wouldn't know Ian if he walked in the door, I didn't find any pictures or Ian. And that's fine. Not everyone wants hundreds of unknown followers.
ian45662

Post by ian45662 »

They are on a page that I sort of run. Not my own personal page. The page is called “ Black Powder Cartridge Rifle Silhouette Shooters Association” (say that 3 times fast). People who are not on the group are not able to see the pictures as the page is set to private and that is to keep scammers off our page. Now keep in mind that I didn’t post the pictures but they were posted by other shooters and some by my better half. I really like this forum but it is such a PITA to post pictures on it that I don’t bother anymore. Now for anyone who is on Facebook and who is not in the group you can look up the name and send a request to join. There will be 3 questions to answer. Be sure to say in any of the areas to answer that you are from the Shiloh forum. I turn away a lot of profiles to keep the scammers off the page but if you indicate that you’re from the Shiloh forum I’ll know that you’re not a scammer.