Friendship April 2023

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Woody

Friendship April 2023

Post by Woody »

What a difference a month makes. Last month was the coldest match at Friendship I can remember. April was a 180 turn-a-round. Campfires each night and outdoor dining. Oh yah, we shot three days of matches too.

.22 match.

Friday was severe clear with light variable winds, that had to be watched carefully. 41 shooters, 20 modern, 21 traditional, arrived from winter hibernation to enjoy the fine spring day. Michael Rouch again put on a display of chicken shooting by downing 7 of the pesky critters and taking the chicken pool. Alas, they were not enough to win the traditional title. Mel Barnell, downed 6 chickens and ran clean prone for a 36 to win traditional, with Neil Eddington shooting a 34 for second and Keith UX also with a 34 for third and a clean prone.

Modern class was carried by Chris Sharp posting a 34 with five chickens, followed by Chris Kenney and Mike Payne with identical scores of 32. The tie was unbreakable by reverse count so a shoot-off was called. Payne had to settle for third place as he was disqualified for the shoot-off. He had put his rifle away and was sipping an adult beverage.

I will post the big bore results next.
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
Woody

Re: Friendship April 2023

Post by Woody »

Saturday big bore results:

Again a wonderful example of a Indiana spring day. 49 shooters came out for the fun. 6 of them carrying Trapdoor Springfields for the military trophy match. What a turnout. Seems the scores were on the low side but all still had fun. I thought I would have to DNF as my 137 year old Springfield's cam latch shaft broke. Ian offered up his rifle for me to finish, but instead we swapped the cam latch back and forth between the two rifles. Ian took the Military trophy home for good measure.

Sat. April 15.23 iron scores resized.jpg
Sun. April 16.23 scope scores resized.jpg
Sunday's match started with few less shooters and the threat of high winds and rain. I'm sorry to say that the weatherman got the forecast correct. As the match progressed, the wind picked up and it did rain sometimes very hard off and on for the first half of the match. The front moved through, the rain laid off and winds did not calm. Scores were down as you can see. Still what a great turn out for a small town in Southern Indiana. Next month is the NMLRA/NRA Regional. Sign up early as if this trend continues, we may reach range capacity.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richard A. Wood
Woody

Post by Woody »

Sun. April 16.23 iron scores resized.jpg
Sun. April 16.23 scope scores resized.jpg
Instead of contacting the Springfield Armory for a replacement part for my Trapdoor, I found one (NOS) for $20 online. That way I don't have to complete all the paperwork the government will want.

Woody
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richard A. Wood
Woody

Post by Woody »

I messed up again. Go figure. I posted the Sunday scope scores twice instead of the Saturday scope scores, so here they are:
Sat. April 15.23 scope scores resized.jpg
Richard A. Wood