1st Missoula Deep Creek Silhouette Match of 2023

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Del

1st Missoula Deep Creek Silhouette Match of 2023

Post by Del »

We held our 1st match of 2023 at the Missoula Deep Creek Range this last weekend and we had a great time. The nights were pretty cold dropping down into the low 20s but nothing that the furnace in the camper didn't take care of in the morning. Both Saturday and Sunday were pretty nice with Sunday being the winner for shooting weather. As is usual for the Missoula Range, the wasn't much wind to deal with but just enough to cause you problems if you weren't paying attention. The days warmed into the 50s on Saturday and into the upper 60s on Sunday.

We had 16 shooters on Saturday with 10 shooting scope and 6 shooting irons but lost one on Sunday and shooters shuffling around a bit with 11 shooting scope and four shooting irons. Mostly Master shooters rather than AAA which is a little interesting. Normally we have more AAA shooters. Greg Tilton shot a third AA score on Saturday so he moved up for the Sunday match. Congrats Greg!! The Saturday Scope class was won by John King with a 31. Master class was won by Dave Toavs with a 28 with Ed Tilton coming in second with a 27. AAA was won by John Eder with a 24 but was neck and neck with Herb Bartle until Herb shot Rams. Sunday Scope winner was Dave Eichenlaub shooting a 30. Master class went to Jonathan Currey with a 29 and second master going to Scott Lindley with a 28. AAA went to our favorite iron worker, Toby Crisler who shot a 28 and second went to Hans Van Noord shooting a 26.

The Iron class match winner on Saturday went to myself shooting a 28. 1st master went to Jim Brannon and 1st AAA went to Ritchie Tilton. We only had one shooter in each AA and A. Sunday Iron class match winner was again myself shooting a 29, Ritchie Tilton was 1st AAA and his son, Greg Tilton took 1st AA for his first match at AA.

We had a decent turnout overall as quite often we aren't able to have our April match due to snow and mud. A fun couple of days and looking forward to next month and little more heat!

Here's the scores: http://www.mtbpcr.com/2023MissoulaApril.html
Fortune Favors the Bold...