Goex Powder

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Coltsmoke

Goex Powder

Post by Coltsmoke »

Maine Powder House sent out an email saying Goex powder would be back in production this year. DOD was involved with the owners and most of the old employees are on board along with some new talent. Thats it in a nutshell.
Normal isn't coming back, but Jesus is.
marlinman93

Re: Goex Powder

Post by marlinman93 »

Yes, the new owners announced they are ready to go this year, just didn't say when this year? I'm good now with Swiss 1.5, but hope this helps out others.
opencountry

Post by opencountry »

Dave at BACO told me yesterday that Goex has confirmed an order to them for this March or April, I can't remember which. They are filling government contracts/needs first (now), then the public. They are currently manufacturing blackpowder.

Robert
Beware of the man that owns one rifle.
Ray Newman

Post by Ray Newman »

OpenCountry: did BACO have any idea of GOEX prices??
Grand PooBah
WA ST F. E. S.

In real life may you be the bad ass that you claim to be on social media....
vikingsword

Post by vikingsword »

Always wished the government would open their own plant and leave us the hell alone! I realize thats big money for the powder makers but it sure would make it better for us also.
opencountry

Post by opencountry »

Ray Newman wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:15 pm OpenCountry: did BACO have any idea of GOEX prices??
Ray, I didn’t ask. And, Dave never mentioned pricing.

Robert
Woody

Post by Woody »

Always wished the government would open their own plant and leave us the hell alone! I realize thats big money for the powder makers but it sure would make it better for us also.
The Goex plant in LA is a Government facility. The plant and property is leased to the private company. The US is mandated by law to have a domestic source of black powder for use by the military. We, the public are a minor player in this game and probably would not justify the investment to produce sporting black powder completely separate from the government.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Probably the best part of Estes buying Goex , they need that powder to keep their rocket business going.. Thinking it'll be a win for everybody over the years.
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
bobw

Post by bobw »

Woody wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:31 am
The Goex plant in LA is a Government facility. The plant and property is leased to the private company. The US is mandated by law to have a domestic source of black powder for use by the military. We, the public are a minor player in this game and probably would not justify the investment to produce sporting black powder completely separate from the government.

Woody
Woody hit it on the head here. Twice last year Estes said it would be out last spring then said last fall how much did anyone get ? Now they say this spring well maybe? Would not hold my breath. If they do I'll be happy for all those who don't keep enough on hand. Hazmat fees demand you get serious and atleast get a case...bobw
bobw
Luke

Post by Luke »

Thank god ammonia based propellants need bp igniters, or there might not be a black powder manufacturer left on the planet.
Limber Up!
Ray Newman

Post by Ray Newman »

From what I have read and was told by a Hodgdon representative at a SHOT Show, the impetus to develop Pyrodex was a result of the Gun Control Act of 1968 (GCA). Under the original GCA, the manufacture and sale to and possession by civilians of Black Powder would have been prohibited as Black Powder was classified as an explosive.
Grand PooBah
WA ST F. E. S.

In real life may you be the bad ass that you claim to be on social media....
Tom Trevor

Post by Tom Trevor »

Powderinc.com website says GOEX back in stock by June. We will see.
opencountry

Post by opencountry »

I'm good now with Swiss 1.5, but hope this helps out others.
[/quote]

Same with me. I’m staying with Swiss now that I’ve rung out good loads for my 90 and 110s.

R
bobw

Post by bobw »

So who has any new powder from goex / Estes?
bobw
Luke

Post by Luke »

My understanding is that a broken water pipe has pushed civilian production back to "Sometime this summer". I believe production has started, but government back orders will be filled first.
Limber Up!