2023 TX Regional BPCR Match Results

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

TexasMac

2023 TX Regional BPCR Match Results

Post by TexasMac »

Following are the results from the 2023 TX Regional BPCR silhouette match held on May 19-22 at the Yaupon Creek Silhouette Association range near Columbus, TX. 28 shooters (20 scope and 8 iron) competed during the 1-day 60-shot 22BPCR match. The following 2-day big bore match consisted of 23 shooters (15 scope and 8 iron). Day 1 was mild and warm for the .22 match. There was a threat of rain during the 2 days of big bore shooting, but Mother Nature held off with only some early morning light sprinkles prior to the start of both days. 28 shooters attended from south, central and north Texas including 2 that drove all the way from central Florida.

A special thanks goes out to the companies and individuals that contributed prizes including: Cats Shooting Sticks, CPA Rifles, Forster Precision Products, Graf and Sons, Green Mountain Rifle Barrel, Henry USA, MidwayUSA, Montana Vintage Arms, Redding Reloading Equipment, Schuetzen Powder Energetics (Swiss powder), Shilen Rifle, Shiloh Rifle, SPG Sales, Starline Brass, Treebone Carving, Wolfe Publishing. Darron Ross, Travis Prescott and Wayne McLerran.

Wayne

NRA Life (Benefactor & President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF Member, Author & Publisher of the Browning BPCR book
http://www.texas-mac.com
Tomklinger

Re: 2023 TX Regional BPCR Match Results

Post by Tomklinger »

Good match, fine range, well run, and great people. Everyone made Kim and I feel like family. Plan on going back next year!
Tom Klinger
TGC

Post by TGC »

Tom. I am interested in what rifles and loads you used in the match. Tim.
Tomklinger

Post by Tomklinger »

TGC,
I’m using an original Hepburn 45/70. 1880’s era. It has wide land rifling and I put .350 free bore. I’m using a 540gr pioneer nose pour mold with no reduced bands. 1 to 20 alloy. .060 poly wad, Remington brass. 72gr.Swiss 1-1/2. About 090 compression. I have the first three driving bands out of the case to where they fill the free bore and just touch the rifling. It has a 3* lead.
I wipe between shots using (pool table) felt. It does a great job of removing fowling and leaving just the right amount of wiping solvent for lubrication. I use a small amount of wiping fluid, about a dime size amount in the center of a 2” patch.nice thing about the felt is it can be washed in a clothing bag in the washing machine many times and reused. My wiping fluid is Volvo motor home antifreeze mixed with 50/50 water and about 5% sta lube water soluble oil.
I know the way I made this chamber, and the style of rifling and nose pour mold goes against the norm, but in this rifle,it works!
Hope this helps,
Tom Klinger
P.S. and yes, I bottom pour…👍
TGC

Post by TGC »

Tom , thank you for the detailed information. I apologize for the delayed response. I thought that I thanked you the same day but apparently i didn't. Thanks again. Tim.