Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

LHines

Post by LHines »

I recently acquired a new to me 1874 #3 sporter which I purchased from a long time friend. It is pretty much a base rifle without any upgrades other than drilled and tapped with scope blocks installed. This may come in handy as my cataracts get worse. I has the standard 30" heavy octagon barrel and is equipped with the MVA #107 rear and #112 windgage front. My friend was the second owner and fired only a few rounds through it and from appearances/wear was not fired a lot by the original owner. I am very impressed by the quality and fitting though the rifle is a base model, I am more about how it shoots. The serial number indicates it is a 1996 production. I was able to fire a few rounds at my friends ranch prior to purchase but only at 50 yards so we could stay in the shade, durn TX heat. After some sight adjustments to get it in the black the last 4 shots went into 5/8" with 3 of those in a ragged hole. I am very impressed with this accuracy as the ammo was some I had loaded for my 1886 Browning. Looking forward to shooting my first gong match with the rifle in a few weeks. Hope to make the Q again next year and better the 30 I shot with the 1886 this year.
ccongos@me.com

Re: New member

Post by ccongos@me.com »

Welcome to the party!
-Chad
Mick214

Re: New member

Post by Mick214 »

I'd love to see some pics!