Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

From Along The Trail

Posting a subject photo

Post by From Along The Trail »

From Along The Trail

Re: Posting a subject photo

We I have lost my ability to post a picture on this forum. The other day my wife updated my computer. Now I need to figure it out again.
Will return with said photo in the future? I hope.
From Along The Trail

From Along The Trail wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:22 am Well I have lost my ability to post a picture on this forum. The other day my wife updated my computer. Now I need to figure it out again.
Will return with said photo in the future? I hope.
marlinman93

Post by marlinman93 »

You're likely using the wrong link from Imgur. Select the size you want at your Imgur account, and then click on the link that is "BBCode (message boards & forums)" After doing that then click on your post where you want to add the image and use "ctrl" and "v" and it will insert the image link here or any forum.
From Along The Trail

still flunking this test.
I actually use picture posting from another forum. And it use to work. I guess my age thing is apparently happening.
But I just posted a picture on another forum and it worked?
semtav

Post by semtav »

If you can download a picture directly to your computer, its real simple. Don't need hosting sites.
From Along The Trail

I have my pictures on a iPad mini. Just always thought I needed to use a hosting site.
patchbox

Post by patchbox »

Just make sure the photo file size is small enough - I usually resize mine so they are below 300kb. Below 150kb even better.
Lumpy Grits

Post by Lumpy Grits »

Saw a picture of a cartridge and somedangthing with pink on it.
:lol:
"Hav'n you along, is like loose'n two good men"
From Along The Trail

First of all that picture is not very good. The pictures from Imgur is much better.

That pink thing is for anyone that needs a light load. Just use a ear plug for a bullet.

Since I am sorta new to black powder cartridge reloading, I got a idea the other day. If I had a glass tube, about the the inside diameter of a 45 caliber case, I could actually see how a load is constructed. The primer wad could be seen at the bottom of the case.
The comparison of poured directly into the case powder height and grain positioning could be seen. Compared to compression of powder, at different amount of compression.

Then the different wad types. And different assembly of wads.

Then how a grease cookie would look installed in the case. Thumb pressure or a tad of compression.

Then test the different heights of a drop tube affects on the powder charge.

But I flunked the picture posting. That needs solved, so I could post some really good photos of interesting details.
semtav

Post by semtav »

From Along The Trail wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:03 pm I have my pictures on a iPad mini. Just always thought I needed to use a hosting site.
Never used an I pad but I can't upload a picture indirectly from my android phone, so I email myself the picture and the download it to a regular computer. Once I get it on a regular computer its real simple..

Will continue when I get home.