River Bend SE Regional

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

ole pizen slinger

River Bend SE Regional

Post by ole pizen slinger »

Any scores from River Bend, GA?
OPS
Barry C Jolly

"I envy no man that knows more than myself and pity them that know less:" Sir T. Brown

"Everyone must sacrifice at the altar of stupidity from time to time" A. Einstein
John Bly

Re: River Bend SE Regional

Post by John Bly »

Justin Abrams won the 22 match with a 290-10X, Clarence Dykstra was 2nd with a 289-12X 3rd was Lee Burrow with a 289-10X, 4th was Kim Kelley with a a 289-5X
Justin won the mid range with a 287-9X, Blair Svihra was 2nd with a 285-11X, Ken Wienkin was 3rd with a 284-8X

These scores are straight up, not iron or scope. Officially they may be different.

In Silhouette, Justin Abrams won irons with a 61, Tom Klinger was 2nd with a 60, don't know 3rd
Scope was won by an Alabama guy named Mays with a 59 I think.

Yes, Justin was a ringer, but it's a good thing he left his wife home or she would have been the winner. She generally beats him.
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"
CO

Post by CO »

John Bly. Justin didn't shoot 22 match. Kevin Hurst won the 22 MR match. 290 10x
John Bly

Post by John Bly »

Your right CO. My bad. Don't know what I was thinking.
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"
ole pizen slinger

High scores = good conditions! Sounds like a great match. Congrats to the winners! May God's blessings be on all who were in attendance!
ole pizen slinger
Barry C Jolly

"I envy no man that knows more than myself and pity them that know less:" Sir T. Brown

"Everyone must sacrifice at the altar of stupidity from time to time" A. Einstein
ian45662

Post by ian45662 »

How many times has the mid range and the silhouette been won by the same person?
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

And, congrats to Tom Klinger for the weekend's high score of 33 (those 6 chickens on Sunday were a big help).
Thanks to Kim Kelly for the "not Indian River" shrimp for the 'low country boil' that Charlie & Kevin cooked for all of us on Wed evening.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Glenn
Fishslayer

Re: River Bend SE Regional - 20th Anniversary

Post by Fishslayer »

Thanks to those that have already posted scores and notes about the SE Regional last week. My computer crashed as I was working on the scoreboards, so there's my excuse for the delay!
We probably had the best weather of any of the SE Regionals I've worked with - so our 20th Celebration of this match went off pretty well. We had shooters from 12 states, many that traveled a long way to get here, like Texas, Wisconsin, NJ, Pa, Ky, Ms, and several others.
The Low Country Boil after Wed practice has become a big hit thanks to Kim Kelley who brings the shrimp that he catches (somewhere in Fla). We had 25 folks show up for that and had a lot of leftovers...
Thursday, 25 shot the .22 midrange match from the 200 yd berm at reduced paper targets - 200, 300, and 600yd targets. Awards were split between the top 3 SCOPE and top 3 IRON shooters. 300 was the highest possible score.
1st Iron: Kevin Hurst - 290 / 10x's ......................... 1st Scope: Clarence Dykstra -289 / 12x's
2nd Iron: Charlie Schroeder - 289 / 9x's .................... 2nd Scope: Lee Burrow - 289 / 10x's
3rd Iron: Alan Rauber - 285 / 8x's ....................... 3rd Scope Kim Kelley - 289 / 5x's

The 300/600 yd big bore match was on Friday with 26 shooters and there were 8 awards by classification. 300 was the highest possible score.
MATCH WINNER - JUSTIN ABRAMS - 287 / 9x's .............. Blair Svihra started off the 300 yd match with a 150 /10x's to finish 2nd Open - 285 /11x's
3rd Open: Ken Wienken 284 / 8x's .................... 1st Master: Doug Gazaway - 283 / 5x's ................ 1st Expert: Kevin Hurst - 281 /3x's
2nd Expert: Alan Rauber - 271 / 6x's .................. 3rd Expert: Lee Burrow - 271 / 2x's ................. 1st Sharpshooter: Ralph Cole - 278 /8x's.

By the end of the 1st day of the Silhouette match, we had two 29's - Blair Svihra and Wayne May; two 30's - Doug Gazaway and Karl Affleck; one 31 from Justin Abrams.
After our BBQ dinner Sat evening, the acrylic awards for the 22 match and the 300/600 yd match were handed out. A special glass award was presented by Kevin Hurst to Charles Outler (CO) for Recognition of his Lifetime Contributions to our Sport! There was a much deserved standing ovation for CO who has mentored many new shooters and junior shooters to this sport over the years and still runs the 22 Silhouette match each month in Gainesville, Ga. He has also donated his hand made knives and scrimshawed powderhorns made by his nephew to our prize drawings for several years.
This year, he contributed a scrimshawed powderhorn to the top 22 match score from Thursday which went to Kevin Hurst with the high score of 290.

The banquet was topped off with the many prizes/ donations from so many great Sponsors and individuals contributing to the drawings. Some of our Sponsors were: Shiloh Rifles, MVA Scopes, Schuetzen Powder, VORTEX Optics, RCBS, DZ Arms, GLOCK pistol donation certificate, Waage melting pot, Ballistol, Wolfe Publishing, DGL and SPG lube, Woody, Creedmoor Sports, Buffalo Arms, and individual donations from Clarence Dykstra of Black Rifle Coffee and a David Barnes cheek rest and a 2nd one from Lee Burrow. Ralph Cole donated 3 beautiful hand made knives with "2023 SE Regional" engraved on them. Jim Stickley donated several items and Ty Broussard made sets of cork coasters with "2023 SE Regional and 20th Anniversary" burned on them. There were a few hats given away, also!

Sunday was another beautiful day with 32 shooters and by the end of the day, 16 awards were given out - split between Scope and Iron by class.
MATCH WINNER - IRON - Justin Abrams - 61 ............ 2nd Open Iron: Tom Klinger - 60 ........... 3rd Open Iron: Doug Gazaway - 59
1st AAA Iron: Al Dunn -56 ........... 2nd AAA Iron: Kevin Hurst - 51 (Kevin won awards in all 3 matches) ..... 3rd AAA Iron: Tim Brasington - 49.
1st AA Iron: Kim Hayes - 39
MATCH WINNER - SCOPE - Wayne May - 59 ............ 2nd & 3rd Open Scope were determined by a shootoff - both with 57's - 2nd Open Scope with 2 chickens went to Karl Affleck ............... 3rd Open Scope: Ralph Cole.
1st AAA Scope: Blair Svihra - 56 ........... 2nd AAA Scope: Jake Graves - 55 (Jake was our only Junior shooter) ...... 3rd AAA Scope: John Bly - 52.
1st AA Scope: Tommy Berry - 47
The Milton Mills Champion Spotter Award - Scope went to Karl Affleck - spotting for Wayne May and the Champion Spotter Award - Iron went to Brian Haffey - spotting for Justin Abrams.

CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who won Awards and many thanks to everyone who came to this Regional match who made it fun and 'safe'! Thanks also to my scorekeepers - Connie Schroeder and June Hurst and to Dave Zizzo and Jake Graves who helped our target setters on Sunday.
Ian - you may be correct - Congrats to Justin Abrams for winning the 300/600 and Match Winner- Iron. Congrats, also to Tom Klinger for the high score on Sunday of 33 w/ 6 chickens and to Ken Wienken with 6 chickens on Sunday!!
Charlie Butler
ole pizen slinger

Thanks for the report Charles. Congratulations for keeping the Southeast Regional BPCR match alive by being match director.
OPS
Barry C Jolly