Iron or scope class

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

DeadEye

Re: Iron or scope class

Post by DeadEye »

And I know you well enough to know you were sincere when you said it. I was trying to compliment both of you.

Paul
"My heroes have always been cowboys and they still are it seems."
Shadow 4

Post by Shadow 4 »

Dave is wise
Cowards rule the world these days.
Coward rules & coward customs
To succeed today, all you've got to know is how to blame & how to complain
steveu834

Post by steveu834 »

[/quote]

https://outdoorproductsplus.com/Small-F ... p138180430 Here is a link where you can buy paper reduced size targets. I use the 1/2 scale chickens to do off hand practice at 100 yards. You might be able to experiment with different aperture combinations and see what might work best for your eyes. They also have 22 scale silhoette targets which would help you see what things might look like also.
[/quote]

Thanks for the link for the targets. The company shows up to some local trade days not far from my house.

Cheers,
Steve
From Along The Trail

Post by From Along The Trail »

Today I had interesting thought on how to make a pair of glasses? Make them adjustable for the location of the eye sight lens. Some of the trial lenses I have are smaller than the 1.3” ones I have.
Also I can make a card board adapter. So I used a milk carton to start. I made the first adapter to look so straight ahead. But with holding the rifle in the proper position, I am looking to the left of center on the lens.
I am thinking of making a cardboard insert to hold the lens square to the eye, when looking at the target. I have no idea if that will make a difference. Also with the trial lens set, I can change the power of the lens easy. To see if different power of lenses makes a difference at different distances. Also test with different weather conditions.

This needs some testing. It may be helpful or not.

From Along The Trail

My next ophthalmologist appointment is February 28, 2024. My vision has not changed for about a year. But I get checkups every 6 months, just to keep track of how I my vision is doing.
martinibelgian

Post by martinibelgian »

Seems like you are trying to reinvent shooting glasses...Image
From Along The Trail

I am actually trying to figure it out as if I was travel the Oregon Trail, during the buffalo days. And doing it with parts found along the way.
I could just buy smokeless and go totally modern.

Or I have several original muzzleloaders. Could go backwards and still use black powder.

I am curious if I can do it. As for my vision, this will also be a test and recorded for my ability to see things. With different power of the lenses, at different times of the day, and weather conditions.

I recently gained much information on this forum to help me understand using iron sights. How to focus on the rear eyepiece, the front sight and the target.