Announcement Byers BP Long Range BPTR 2024

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Kenny Wasserburger

Announcement Byers BP Long Range BPTR 2024

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

We have a match at CRC for BPTR Creedmoor.

Dates are October 10-13 this year, we hope to get our September Dates back for 2025.

First of all Big Thanks to Michael Jackson for stepping up to the plate after my asking for his help. So it’s my fault he got stuck with the hat in hand job of asking to let us play at CRC once again.

Secondly, most importantly I wish to publicly tender an apology to First Eron Ahmer for not getting all the facts before I posted. Now we can move forward, I hope Eron can someday forgive me. I made a mistake of taking in only one side of the story. Makes me wear some mud on my face. Eron isn’t the BPTR group’s enemy. This melt down in communication was years in the making, and totally not his fault.

Thirdly to Zack Taylor for encouraging me to look into this further and deeper. You were absolutely right about this. I won’t doubt you ever again my friend.

We haven’t a governing body as of yet to host this Match but we have to take some baby steps here.

Yet I am still of the opinion we need someone along the lines of what I proposed many years ago.

More too come.

Kenny Wasserburger
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
Aviator

Re: Announcement Byers BP Long Range BPTR 2024

Post by Aviator »

Hooray!!!!!!!! :D
ian45662

Post by ian45662 »

Congratulations!!!!
38-72

Post by 38-72 »

Which rule book will you be using?
See the other Washington, Eastern!
JonnyV
Location: Living in a van down by the river eatin’ Govt cheese

Post by JonnyV »

This is excellent!
stevewhr

Post by stevewhr »

Kenny you need money or memberships or anything to help this come together?
wyomingsightdrifter.com
Kenny Wasserburger

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

We will need bodies in April to do some repair work. After that we will need various specialized help computer person for doing match results and the like. Right now just kind of holding off till we get down to see how much we have to do.
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

A word to those out there wishing to support the reemergence of the Byers Match at the Colorado Rifle Club.

A FEW, and I believe you can count them on one hand, dedicated shooters stepped up and did the yeoman's work to keep this LONG-RANGE TARGET Match alive.

Nothing supports a BPCR/BPTR Match more than or denigrates a Match more than numbers of people actually showing up on match day, and I mean NOTHING!

Not sure the max capacity of shooters for Long-Range there but that crew can make positive things happen if any group can. :wink:
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
SFogler

Post by SFogler »

Kenny,
Please keep us posted on the work necessary to get the match going. I can help in April repairing targets or donating some cash for supplies to make that happen. Let us know - a lot of us are looking forward to having this match back in play and there's no reason a lot of us can't help Michael bring this about.
JonnyV
Location: Living in a van down by the river eatin’ Govt cheese

Post by JonnyV »

Kenny I probably can’t make this match this year but I could donate some $ towards the cause. Not a fortune or anything but a couple few hundred anyway. Will support any way I can.