2024 Desert International Target Rifle Championship

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

SFogler

Re: 2024 Desert International Target Rifle Championship

Post by SFogler »

By the way I used my 1877 45-100 with a BACO 459540M3 bullet cast with 1/16 and 82 grains of Swiss 1.5. It has a 34" barrel with a 1/16 twist. The recoil is noticeably better on the 1877 for some reason. Very comfortable to shoot - I am extremely pleased with it.
mike herth

Post by mike herth »

S.Fogler,
Haha, good point and thanks! My hope is that eventually those who are immersed in black rifle and sniper shooting will come around to the early times. Although I admire all the skills and dedication it requires to pursue excellence in shooting.
JonnyV
Location: Living in a van down by the river eatin’ Govt cheese

Post by JonnyV »

Here's my final string of fire at the DI match. Last day, no spotter....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZodqswmgZew
mike herth

Post by mike herth »

Thanks for posting these Jonny V, great learning tool! I especially appreciated the chit-chat with your spotter at the 900 to learn how that works.
powderburnt

Post by powderburnt »

Yes, thanks for posting. Good video. Looks like a steady breeze from 3 o'clock. I'd guess a 15 minute windage adjustment. Sure would like to see all the shooters equipment lists, especially paper patch vs grease groove.

HG
powderburnt

Post by powderburnt »

Went back and watched again. Really good video. Turned volume up and CC on and heard what I missed earlier.
Grat fun.

HG
semtav

Post by semtav »

powderburnt wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:09 pm Sure would like to see all the shooters equipment lists, especially paper patch

HG
Ha,

I think DD has run all those guys off or screwed em up so bad they now think shooting grease groove is actually fun.
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

There you go SEMTAV, claiming the ability to think again. We know better. :roll: Had you been there, you would know. So would powderburnt.

Diaper up them bad boys, put on your BIG BOY PANTS and make it to Ben Avery in February 2025 and show us what you can do. Enough talk already.

Shucks, we can even designate firing points Diapers Only! Six to a target, if six show up. :P

Wonder if I can get KW to post the equipment list on his FB Page. Score sheets are already here on Shiloh Forum. Maybe post it on a muzzle loader page, there were 7 muzzle loaders there and doing some fine shooting by the way. :wink: Expect even more ML's next year. :D
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
semtav

Post by semtav »

That's the current plan. But you know how my plans turn out.

Not counting muzzle loaders, how many paperpatchers did show up this year. ?
mike herth

Post by mike herth »

Now this is getting interesting, DD. After watching Jonny V's video I am again thinking of giving this a try. Hope the equipment list gets posted somewhere.
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Perhaps I should simplify the process of shooting at the Desert International now that you have seen Johnny V's video.
Maybe we can have a shooter see, shooter do type of response? Assuming the shooter already has a rifle, ammo and dead wind zero, etc.

The entry process is listed on the Shiloh Forum, OR, send me your email and I will send you entry information by email. Gets you on the list.

Arrive at Ben Avery at least one day before actual shooting begins. (Entry preference to shooters entering IRONMAN by date entry postmarked.)
Send entry materials to my POB in Rio Rico. Must be post marked before entry closing date. No timely entry, no shoot.

Set up on firing point, identify your designated target, set your timer and blaze away at great targets on the best range on earth.

At end of each relay, pit change and pull targets while expending copious amounts of ammunition for seven consecutive days.

Attend awards ceremony and banquet.

Return home, clean rifle and brass. Wait a few months and repeat. :D
JonnyV
Location: Living in a van down by the river eatin’ Govt cheese

Post by JonnyV »

I'm planning on being able to make better video next year. Hopefully, other shooters besides me will allow themselves to be filmed shooting a string. The idea is that I would have my Longshot Target Camera set up in front of a target and then set up my Canon behind the shooter. Maybe another camera to the side of the shooter as well. The video viewer would get to see the shooter/spotter and then the target in a window in the screen. So you would see the guys looking through their scopes as the target comes back up with the scoring discs on it. Then they would make adjustments and shoot again until the string is complete.

I kinda need some help with this though as trying to shoot video and shoot targets at the same time is tough. I used to have a partner helping on my channel but he has aging parent things to deal with and I haven't talked to him in over a year. Good help is hard to find!

And hell yeah, the Desert International is WELL WORTH attending. I already informed work I'll be gone those days next year too. They don't like it, well, I was looking for a job when I found this one....
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Know we have some keyboard champions out there, now how many movie stars out there want to appear in Johnny V's videos?

We can video how great your PP loads shoot and Post the groups here.
semtav

Post by semtav »

desert deuce wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:54 pm Know we have some keyboard champions out there, now how many movie stars out there want to appear in Johnny V's videos?

We can video how great your PP loads shoot and Post the groups here.

Oh DD, you poor misinformed soul. If a bunch of us paper patching fools from Montana managed to find our way to Arizona before the match got over, it wouldn't be about how good the paper patch bullets shoot, it would be about how much fun we have shooting the type of bullets we enjoy shooting. Don't think for a minute we are that disillusioned.
semtav

Post by semtav »

I should have said Montana and Wyoming.
Mike is from Wyoming and Kim deflected to Wyoming.
Plus a few more Wyomingites have it right..

Plus if we could get Bob and Dean out of their easy chairs, we'd have a slew of fun loving shooters.