NRA

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

HWPete

Re: NRA

Post by HWPete »

Getting back to the Heading and the NRA - some things have played out in the case already.
As a voting NRA member I'd like to see the following:

1. Board Agendas and Minutes readily available to voting members.
2. Budget and salaries and compensations readily available to voting members (for salaries and compensation combinations above say $100K - I'm not interested in what the mail clerk or a secretary is making).
3. Email contacts for all Board members so members can question or raise issues.
I have been informed that: "The NRA's federal tax returns are publicly available. Compensation of all officers and board members and those vendors who received in excess of $100K are required disclosures." So that addresses item #2, however, I got this information from a tax accountant; not sure everyone else would know about this.
I'd like to see a voting member link on the NRA website that makes these available.

Here are some articles from Ammoland.com which is free. I have more related to this, but can't seem to attach it, so if you would like the other 8 or so, email me. petro_08332@yahoo.com

https://www.ammoland.com/2024/02/nra-bo ... _CAMPAIGN)

https://www.ammoland.com/2024/02/ny-vs- ... _CAMPAIGN)

https://www.ammoland.com/2024/03/nra-wa ... _CAMPAIGN)
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

All good ideas, but without a major shift in the board, and someone selected to run the thing with a slash and burn mentality to go in and remove the entrenched bureaucracy , not likely to happen.
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

I received my ballot in the mail last month. Very few, maybe handful, on the ballot worth voting for. Obvious WLP old guard strongly apparent. Admittedly, we can only, at this point, assign guilt by association. Therefore, I really don't see an opportunity to separate the wheat from the chaff on the ballot.
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Getting back to something the readers here do definitely have the ability to influence is a quality range in Wyoming. BUT, there first must be a collective will in Wyoming to get it done. From here it looks like a golden opportunity that some prefer to be consciously unaware of by painting the opportunity as unachievable by whatever means available. Looks like a pioneering opportunity in the twenty first century, so where are the trail blazers, frontiersmen and women of Wyoming?
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

The only one on the ballot that I know of that is a shooter is that Beers fella from New York
Young guy I’ve met and shot with at the Whittington
He always brings his wife and kids along to the founders day weekend
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Edie Fleeman I believe is a national championship class shooter.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Ok those 2 would be enough to vote for.
One thing to keep in mind on these check a couple dozen ballots, if you vote for more than one or two, that's how the folks that don't really need to be there get elected.
Better chance of getting good people elected if only one or two receive votes.
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

True that!
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Another thought on the ballot. I voted no on the bylaw amendments. there's no need to create another position to cover the butts of the office holders for not doing what they should of been doing all along. Vote yeh or nay on the entire package stinks