Bench Cross Sticks - new design with some 3D printed parts

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

dougf

Bench Cross Sticks - new design with some 3D printed parts

Post by dougf »

I've come up with a new design for bench cross sticks and have chosen make the design freely available to anyone interested. Here is a video demonstration. https://youtu.be/W9kQ49Q6KIw Not sure these will be allowed in some competitions - but at the end of the day, the barrel is laying across the sticks, the same as with any other design currently in use. The only advantage is fast, accurate, and simple elevation changes.
JonnyV
Location: Living in a van down by the river eatin’ Govt cheese

Re: Bench Cross Sticks - new design with some 3D printed parts

Post by JonnyV »

Your design looks very well thought out and executed. I shared a link on my channel as cross sticks are a constant topic of questions and ideas. I would think that this design is fine for target work and a taller set would be legal at the Quigley match. Silhouette matches follow NRA rules (most of the time) so these might not be legal for that. Very much worth building or buying a set of these for target!
Randy Bohannon

Post by Randy Bohannon »

I just bought bench cross sticks from BA,now I have to wait for these. I’ll jump right on these as soon as they are available, very clever design and nicely executed. Are you going to offer these for sale ?
dougf

Post by dougf »

Discussion of selling these is probably better done in a PM. That being said, I have built 7 prototypes - and revisited each with improvements and then added the upgrade to each successive prototype. I plan to give two of these away to local clubs that host BPCR silhouette and as of yet have not made plans for any of the others.
40-65rl

Post by 40-65rl »

They are very nice and the adjustment is very clever. I have no idea about the Q rules or target matches following NRA rules. Individual match directors may modify their club rules anyway they want as long as the match is not sanctioned and the sticks don't violate the sanctioning body's rules. Also, the additional clips may not meet BPCRA rules since it is more than one layer of material on the sticks. The size seems to make the BPCRA rule so maybe no problem there. Since the NRA does not allow bench type sticks at all that is a no go for NRA sanctioned matches in my opinion. They are not allowed in the National .22 Mid Range Championships unless they are used on a bench. I do not make the rules for BPCRA or the NRA but do for the National .22 Mid Range Championships since there is no sanctioning body except me. The National rules are based roughly on the, now defunct, BPTRA. Overall, looks good. Would entertain having a set for testing and seeing what other shooters at Smithmoor and the other matches I travel to during the summer have to say about them. Just my two cents, again a very clever design for sure. Until the BPCRA makes are ruling on them I will continue to use my trustworthy Cat bench sticks.
Dick
dougf

Post by dougf »

Johnny V - thanks for sharing the link.