New #3

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Luke

New #3

Post by Luke »

Just recieved via Goodman. 45-70, heavy barrel, 30", standard wood. Decided I needed a basic 45-70. Did get it D&T for an MVA "B" scope should I need it in the future. Had the sights shipped off the rifle, I've got some old Axtell sights to put on it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Limber Up!
1578Tiger

Re: New #3

Post by 1578Tiger »

I really like it!
Wayne

“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.”
– Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787
J.B.

Post by J.B. »

How could you possibly not like it :wink: Congratulations. Nothing 'standard' looking about that wood either. The D & T is probably not a bad idea for the future. Now you need to get out there and see what she ( and you ) is capable of. Enjoy.
J.B.
"an experimental weapon..with experimental ammunition ? ...Lets experiment "
Luke

Post by Luke »

This is my 5th Shiloh. (Had to sell the first two in hard times, dammit). But never had a 45-70. This'll be my off the shelf practice/farm rifle. It's showing nice groups at 200 yards with my Trapdoor loads, got a Saeco 645 to work up loads with.

I even like the military butt for seated off cross sticks, really forces me to get it just right on the shoulder. Good practice habit.

Always got standard wood. Good Black Walnut from here in Missouri. Told Lucinda once a long time back to give me the knotty pieces some folk bitch about, I love 'em. 😁
Limber Up!
art ruggiero

Post by art ruggiero »

authentic look for sure what not to like art