Friendship April 2024

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Woody

Friendship April 2024

Post by Woody »

Another match in the books. Another cold weekend. Did I say it was cold. It's April for crying out loud.
Above freezing, but with the wind it was heavy coat and coveralls all weekend.

On Friday, 26 rifles showed up to contest the .22 match. 14 Traditional and 12 Modern. When the smoke cleared, (OK it was .22), several ties required breaking. Seven shooters stood on the chicken line to determine the final positions.

Modern 3rd place was secured by Tracy Vannatta with a 31 after a shoot-off with Terry Kneval. Match winner also required a shoot-off with Brad Parmer and Keith UX tied with 34. Keith persevered in the shoot-off for Match winner with Brad second.

Traditional too required shooting those pesky chickens to determine the final positions. Don Guthrie, Steve Farringer, and Mel Barnell all scored 31 to tie for third. Don bested the other two to secure third and the 1/4 ounce silver coin. Michael Rouch shot a 32 for second and the 1/2 ounce silver. Mark Finney bested the field with a 33 to take the 1 once silver coin home to add to his collection.

Don't forget, next month's .22 match starts early and will be run by the NMLRA during their NRA Regional weekend. I will be there, will you?

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
Woody

Re: Friendship April 2024

Post by Woody »

Wow! 46 shooters showed up on a cold windy April Saturday morning. Nine carried Trapdoor Springfields to compete for the Military Rifle Trophy. Jim Radcliffe bested the Military rifles with a great score of 20 to take home the trophy. The rest of the weekend scores are listed below. Remember the NMLRA/NRA Regional is next month. Cut-off for registration is noon, Friday, 26 April. See you there.

2024_04_20_MiamiScores.png
2024_04_21_MiamiScores.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richard A. Wood
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

That Military Match sounds like fun.
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
Woody

Post by Woody »

Jim and Ian did pretty well with their trapdoors. I on the other hand, I struggled mightily with mine. I couldn't hold vertical to save my soul. I took my left over rounds to the range today. I changed out my front sight to my aperture front sight that I use for load development. Ten rounds today at 400 yards held five inches vertical for eight of those ten. As you can see from Sundays results, I also had problems with my Model 77 Shiloh. I will get it out to the range in a day or so.

We shoot a military match again in October and Ian has been able to schedule a Mid-Range for our military rifles for next year. I'm looking forward to both.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
ian45662

Post by ian45662 »

When I was shooting turkeys I kept looking at my spotter and saying. “ Are you sure I hit that? Seriously. Did I really hit that?!” I hit the sighter 2 for 2 and went to the rail. That was my best score with a trapdoor. I was happy happy happy.