Hey DD

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

semtav

Hey DD

Post by semtav »

Now that everyone is off to the Q or other fine places we could probably visit normally til Monday.

What rifle/Cal you campaigning this year for Long Range ??
desert deuce

Re: Hey DD

Post by desert deuce »

Undecided. Recovering from serious arm injury since August. Barely got through first try week end before last at silhouette with a 40-65. Was a struggle. Dr says I may never completely recover.

If I can get a 44-90 or 45-90 up and running that I could tolerate for a 15 shot string with additional sighters, maybe, that trial is still at least a month in the future.

I had to sit out the Desert International this past February. Spotted for Johnny V. which was fun but not the same as shooting.
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
semtav

Post by semtav »

Oh. That has to suck.
Does switching to left hand still hurt it. ?
JonnyV
Location: Living in a van down by the river eatin’ Govt cheese

Post by JonnyV »

DD... In all seriousness, I'd like to thank you for that week and everything I learned. I know it wasn't all that great for you. This week in Montana, I'm able to make sight dope adjustment calls for my shooter and keep him on target in shifty conditions due to what you had me doing on shot strings in Phoenix. I'm much more successful in my own dope adjustments too. All around outstanding experience at the DI match!!!
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Dang it, now I'll never get rid of SEMTAV.

Anyway, glad things are working for you. Like I said, the only way to learn is to do it is to do it.

The purpose of the DI is to provide the opportunity to learn how to do IT!

Buena suerte !
semtav

Post by semtav »

desert deuce wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 9:16 pm Dang it, now I'll never get rid of SEMTAV.

Thats ok DD, I was too busy enjoying last nights sunset !!

sunset.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ian45662

Post by ian45662 »

DD did you ever start shooting that 38-50?
semtav

Post by semtav »

Hey DD, If I show up next year, do you want me to bring the snacks ???

I got lots of cheese and crackers !! (I mean head cheese and crackers )

headcheese.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Might send coltsmoke an invite also?
semtav

Post by semtav »

Ha !!

I got the direction from some old boys in that neck of the woods.

Kind of a lost art here. We are trying to revive it.

Maybe if I promise to bring some you'll get more entries from over east of you a ways.
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Those heathens East of Big Muddy are afeared to get near water 'cept the few wuz properly baptized.
Them heathens theyze git faint jes thinkin's bout it.

Par boilt hog prolly way yonder above their fetchin.
semtav

Post by semtav »

ian45662 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:41 am DD did you ever start shooting that 38-50?
DD might be the perfect candidate for Dant's 35 gnat mauler.
ian45662

Post by ian45662 »

semtav wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:45 pm
ian45662 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:41 am DD did you ever start shooting that 38-50?
DD might be the perfect candidate for Dant's 35 gnat mauler.
That’s right.
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Well Ian and SEMTAV, concerning The Gnat Mauler and 38-50 for long range Dan T visited those subjects at length so I don't need to. Based on his results I am not inclined to go there. He/we also dabbled in paper patch and I don't need to address that further. Snake Oil Salesmen are just as common today as they were in the last two centuries.

It comes down to this when talking about "COMPARATIVE RESULTS." What prevails in long range 'TARGET' competition? Answer: Results !

CASES IN POINT: The USIMLT Team (Team USA) competed in the World Muzzle Loader Matches in Hungary last year. Four of the five members of that team shot the Desert International Long Range Black Powder Target Rifle Event at Ben Avery Range prior to the Hungary event. Despite serious eventualities that had to otherwise be overcome they swept the field, especially at Long Range. At the Desert International Event February 2024 Blair Svihra won both the Steve Rhoades Memorial 1,000 yard World Championship he was also Winner of the Dan Theodore Commemorative IRONMAN Event. Blair has consistently been a competitor at the Desert International.

Today at Forsyth, Montana, a bevy of Desert international Veterans will line up to shoot the Q. They have done their range work before they left home for the Q. :wink:
semtav

Post by semtav »

desert deuce wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:41 am

Today at Forsyth, Montana, a bevy of Desert international Veterans will line up to shoot the Q. They have done their range work before they left home for the Q. :wink:
DD,

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, and don't want to rat anyone out, but I took the back road home this morning and stopped by the Quigley. Looking at the sign up sheet for the paper patch shooters, a name way down at the bottom of the list kinda caught me by surprise!! If he does well this weekend, you may be losing a good disciple.

I'll just leave it at that.