Quigley wind storm on Saturday

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

dougf

Quigley wind storm on Saturday

Post by dougf »

This is a good video of the wind storm shortly after it hit. Most of the targets still had to finish the last relay. (This video was taken at the diamond. The wind in the video was typical for the entire relay -- maybe it decreased a bit, but not much. The previous relay probably had winds of 5mph or less. https://rumble.com/v52z10n-quigley-matc ... storm.html
Lumpy Grits

Re: Quigley wind storm on Saturday

Post by Lumpy Grits »

Dang! :shock:
"Hav'n you along, is like loose'n two good men"
bobw

Post by bobw »

It was a wild one we were on the rectangles not up yet. I was holding on my hat and kowa looked up the line to see 4-5 sunshades in the air at once. The guys on the diamond ran over there and stood on the shade feet to save it. I bet they lost 2/3 of them. Worst shooting conditions I've ever seen..bobw
bobw
RB1Shooter

Post by RB1Shooter »

It happens. The good news is, you'll have some great stories to tell future shooters.
Woody

Post by Woody »

I was shooting the bucket. Two shots in mild conditions, both misses, then the wind came. We still had to shoot once we got control of the loose stuff. I put 22 minutes of left and jerked the trigger as the wind pushed my muzzle past the target. I hit one bucket in that wind.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
kwilliams

Post by kwilliams »

What amazed me was the Haboob did not ramp up wind speed, it just hit full speed all at once. We where just retiring from the line. It does not pay to leave your camper awning out unattended.
vikingsword

Post by vikingsword »

Dang! I have some items that need sand blasting. I should have just brought them up and set them out to get the job done.