Hanoi Jane

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

bubba

Hanoi Jane

Post by bubba »

This has nothing to do with shooting, but I thought some of y'all might get as big a kick out of it as I did.
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050420/D89JEL2O0.html
Pathfinder

Post by Pathfinder »

Bubba,
After being drenched in spit (mostly from college girls- Berkley) at the Oakland airport on my return to the US in the fall of '66, I found myself in Jan. '77 about 30 Yds. from Hanoi Jane for a whole night. I had pulled my schooner into a boat yard in West Palm Beach, Fl. for a week to get some repairs to storm damage done in the Carribean.
Ted Turners boat was a couple of slips away & he & Jane along with a few baseball players showed up, having a party on the fantail. It was probably the most conflicted sleepless night of my life....... had a Stainlees steel mini-14 in the arms locker. I'm convinced that there are more than a few guys that would be alive today if it wasn't for her!
......Pathfinder
Grizz

Post by Grizz »

I dont really get a kick out of this. Hanoi Jane worked diligently for, and is extremely deserving of every drop of spit that this great couragous vet was able to transfer to her face. I believe that it is just a start of what this traitor is deserving of. May she rot where she and her kind deserve to be, in hell. Pleiku 11 Oct 1966, 11 Oct 1967. In memory of Ssgt John Howe and 1st Lt Mckenzie.
Life is to short to shoot an ugly rifle.
Hidehunter

Post by Hidehunter »

Maybe I'm too cynical but I smell a publicity stunt here. I wouldn't be too surprised if this wasn't set up ahead of time.

The guy got arrested. Spitting isn't a criminal matter or felony assault. At worst he'll probably have to pay a nominal civil fine. No criminal record. And certainly no reasonable person can blame the vet for what he did.

Think about it, for a comparatively small amount of money (the fine) Jane Fonda gets everybody talking about her and her book for a few days. By taking a face full of goo she buys a little bit of atonement (and maybe some sympathy) in the minds of millions. She simply wipes her mug and carries on with the book signing - no ranting or raving - as if to say "I deserved that" in a variation of 'crocodile tears.'

Everybody wins. It's just too good!
Swany

Post by Swany »

This all could have been avoided if she would have been granted traitor status in 72 and denied access back into the states.
NRA Endowment member 45-70 #3 Sporter Gun ownership is protected by the second amendment and is every law abiding persons privilage and responsibility.
JAGG

Post by JAGG »

I hate to say this but this Vet may have made even money for Bloody Red Jane ! I'm even wondering if this was staged by her people to get attention to sell her books ! Don't forget Bill an Hilary and their war protesting days ! What did they get out of it ? The White House thats what ! JAGG
JAGG