Hey Lead Pot....

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

RMulhern

Hey Lead Pot....

Post by RMulhern »

You wanted to know if your bullets would stabilize past 300 yds. so here's a group I fired with my .50/90 from 600 yds. this AM using the 685 gr. Steve Brooks HP bullet. Load was 122 grs. Goex 1F using a 0.030" veggie wad compressed 0.440". OAL=3.542". Was using BR-2 primer and I think it's about the most accurate bullet I've found! I haven't had a chance to shoot the 710 grainers as yet but I believe they may outshoot the HP from just using SWAG! I didn't load but ten rounds of these last evening as rain was predicted for today and I didn't know whether or not I'd get any shooting done at all. Didn't have a zero for this load and first round went over the frame. Next two hit right above the bull about 2". Came down 3 MOA....painted the frame again....and fired the 7 rds. you see here! The shot that's over toward 10 o/clock...I called! Wind was 8-12 mph this AM fishtailing from 5-7 so I just centered the sights and shot straight-away! I like these bullets! Recoil ain't bad atall!!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mulhernri ... pg&.src=ph
Lead Pot

Post by Lead Pot »

Man that big fifty of yours does it's job.
I plan on using mine at Harlans and Kenneys shoot.

Well I guess I better cut a new dipper that holds 122 grains of 1f Goex.
I was hoping to see good results with that bullet at long range. I had Steve cut that mould for my 1-22 twist.

Kurt
ironramrod

Post by ironramrod »

Sharpsman,

Nice group. Is your .50/90 a bull barrel model? Additionally, I paged through your photos and noticed what looks like a strap-one cheek rest on 1 of your rifles. Is that something you made up yourself, or is it commercially available?

BTW it is absolutely pouring down snow as I type this; but no mosquitos.

Regards

Ironramrod
RMulhern

Hey Lead Pot

Post by RMulhern »

Ironramrod

The barrel is a #3 heavy at 30". The strap-on cheekpiece comes from www.creedmoorsports.com out in Kaliforney!! Works real well. :lol: :lol:
nineteen76

Post by nineteen76 »

Sharpsman,
Is your Shiloh 50/90 one with the 1:22 left hand-twist or the older 1:36 right-hand twist?

Chris
RMulhern

Lead Pot

Post by RMulhern »

nineteen76

This one is 1-22" ROT! Don't think I'd want a 1-36"!!