40-90 BN

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Swiss3f

40-90 BN

Post by Swiss3f »

Ok Fellas, here is the deal, I have a chance to pick up a Shiloh LRE in 40-90 BN. It has all the goodies dies, mould, brass and sights, and is a pretty good deal. Has anyone out there had any experience with this cartridge? Any pros or cons? From what information I can find it seems that BN's are terrible foulers. Thanks in advance Swiss3f
JAGG

Post by JAGG »

S3F ! BN's do foul more then straight cases and have their own problems ! I say this from using a 43spanish which is also a BN case ! What is the rifling twist on this rifle ,is it a fast of a slow twist to shoot light or heavy bullets ! If everythings checks out to what you want it to shoot , i would say it was a good hunting rifle ! As for target shooting i leave that information to those who shoot BN's , as i only use mine for hunting ! JAGG
JAGG
Michael Johnson

Post by Michael Johnson »

There is a fellow named Merrit who posts here occasionally who has got the 40-90 BN figured out. He uses Fg powder if I recall correctly. I am interested in getting a hunting rifle in this caliber. Supposedly it is capable of good velocity and a flatter trajectory than the 45's. You can look him up in the memberlist. - Mike