The roundnose and game (long)

Share your tales (tall or otherwise) of hunting adventures.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

ironramrod

Post by ironramrod »

To go along with what Scott T. said re: bullet performance on live targets is another book: Smith, V. 1995. Jacketed performance with cast bullets. This is a very good read and is available at www.lbtmoulds.com

Regards
Scott Tschirhart

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I know Veral Smith and you gotta understand that some of what he believes is true and some is not. He won't let go of an idea once it gets planted though.

That kind of thinking is problematic and it is exactly what landed him in the federal prison. Be careful and take what he said in that book with a grain of salt.
Just me and Big Nose Kate
bobw

Post by bobw »

Guys, not trying to hijack the thread, just going for relevent info. My 50 loads are a 565 ppb crowding 1500 fps at 1-20. On a mule buck last weekend I saw this bullet hit the ribs at 90 yds behind the shoulder leave 1" hole thru the lungs ,a 1/2 " hole thru the hide on the far side and punch a 1/2 " hole thru the shoulder roast of the far leg. Thats right 4 layers of hide, 1 rib ,the lungs ,and the meat above the elbow ( sh roast above the elbow and below the scapula jt) with no apparent expansion. Damned if I don't believe if the doe had been standing behind him instead of being bedded I would have got her too. What alloy is needed for expansion with full penetration? bobw
Three Forks

Post by Three Forks »

Scott Tschirhart wrote:
<snip>

Be careful and take what he said in that book with a grain of salt.
That, is good advice...

Bill
A fools lips enter into contention, and his mouth calls for strokes - Proverbs 18: 6
hatchet

Post by hatchet »

bobw,

Go with 30:1, it will give you what you are looking for.
All gave some, Some gave all.
www.clenzoil.com
DavidKing@clenzoil.com
Trigger Dr

Post by Trigger Dr »

Scott and others
My sincerest appology. My comment was not ment to be insulting nor to get a juvenile thrill. Just trying to poke a little fun. Bad judgement on my part.
Jim
Direct ALL e-Mail to jimrmilner@juno.com

NRA LIFE MEMBER
LIMBSAVER® BPCR Team
Prospective Member BPCR Federation
Scott Tschirhart

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

All is well Jim,

I will think of it no more. Let's get back to shooting stuff with hair on it!
Just me and Big Nose Kate