WE HAD A STAND

Share your tales (tall or otherwise) of hunting adventures.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Brent

Post by Brent »

So, can someone explain to me, exactly who bet whom what? How did I miss out on all the fun? ?
Just straddling the hard line between "the arrogance of dogmatism and the despair of skepticism"
Kelley O. Roos

Post by Kelley O. Roos »

No I didn't Headhunter,

I didn't make a wager, if your reading skills says I did, that's not my problem. :wink: Nor did I ever imply a wager.

What I am willing to do is, send a check to Shiloh as a donation to the Salute to our Military rifle fund in the amount of $100.00. How about you :?:

I don't care if those Buffalo were shot at the local petting zoo or not. What I like is good, no bull storys-rare, of hunting & with pictures.

This is still funny.

Kelley O.
Brent

Post by Brent »

Kelley O. Roos wrote: What I like is good, no bull storys-rare, of hunting & with pictures..
I can supply one of those tomorrow. Esp. the "no bull" part. But how can I figure to make a buck off of it???
:):):)
Last edited by Brent on Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just straddling the hard line between "the arrogance of dogmatism and the despair of skepticism"
Kelley O. Roos

Post by Kelley O. Roos »

Brent,

Bad Bill made the bet.

I got jumped on by the dogs of war because of comments made by me :wink: :lol: :lol:

Kelley O.
Brent

Post by Brent »

So, what was the bet exactly? Is there a thread I missed? Must be.
Kelley O. Roos

Post by Kelley O. Roos »

Brent,

Look at Bad Bills post, his only one, the dippy coward that he is. Bad Bill suggest rdneck & group shot those Buffalo at a petting zoo :shock:

Makin money off a no bull story,Hummmmmm, don't shot a Bull maybe :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kelley O.
Scott Tschirhart

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

Bad Bill wrote:Aw Shoot. Those free "ranging buffalo" know dang well that if they see a pickup or people it usually means feeding time. I remember one photo posted on this sight of a buffalo shoot and along the fence line were tire tracks and also visible was straw and hay that had fallen off the pickup. Was hard to spot, but was possible to see it. I'm not against "harvesting" a rancher's buffalo for him, but let's call it what it is. $50 says those buffalo were deciding whether to come running for a hand out 8) Or, maybe it is year 1849 and they are about to come kick your butts!
Here it is Brent!
Just me and Big Nose Kate
Brent

Post by Brent »

BBill, it seems to me you made the stupidest of wagers - you offered up a bet when the other player already knew the outcome. Sort of like the plot in the movie "The Sting" only you are the one that hustled yourself. Not really a good move dude.
MLV

Post by MLV »

I haven't read this thread but I thought with my new found photo posting skills I'd show you guys where I've hunted buff.

There is a fence corner you can run them into so they stand still for shooting. Its on the left side of the picture - ABOUT 25 MILES SOUTH!

MLV
Beware the man with one rifle. He may not have enough interest in it to be competent!
Brent

Post by Brent »

I just want to see BBill wander on out there and pat one those boys on the noggin'

I do not like playing tag with large livestock much less large bison...
MLV

Post by MLV »

Brent: I worked in Yellowstone Park for 13 seasons. Nearly every summer we had some yo-yo try to pet one. The ones that weren't killed usually had to be flown out to a hospital.

MLV
Beware the man with one rifle. He may not have enough interest in it to be competent!
Kelley O. Roos

Post by Kelley O. Roos »

Since it hasn't been mentioned, unless I missed it, where this hunt took place :?:

No wager has been won or lost, as of yet :?

Kelley O.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

:shock: Oh my that can't be (tongue in cheek) Why just the other day some bovine expert on another board wrote that in his area there's been nobody hurt by bison they are so docile, but there were at least 6 killed by domestic cows. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
Brent

Post by Brent »

MLV wrote:Brent: I worked in Yellowstone Park for 13 seasons. Nearly every summer we had some yo-yo try to pet one. The ones that weren't killed usually had to be flown out to a hospital.

MLV
I have been told by many that there are more bison maulings than bear maulings every year. Not just in Yellowstone either.

When I last played tag with them, it was in the Badlands and there ain't no place to hide, climb, or run. The bull groups were always a bit more touchy and they always wanted to check you out, up close and personal like.

Brent
MLV

Post by MLV »

Here's another photo of that area in Nebraska the day before the one above. The temperature dropped from about 30 above in this photo to about 10 below in the one above.

The first incident of a bison killing a person in Yellowstone was in the summer of 1971. On a hot day a bull was snoozing in the sun and a fellow wanted to take its picture, but he wanted it awake. So he got positioned in front of it with his camera and then had his son stand to the side and bust it with a rock.

As the homicide cops say he was DRT - dead right there.

Mike