shiloh order on floor

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Gravity Railroad

Bull Barrels

Post by Gravity Railroad »

Tim;

It sure is nice when you find out you’re not the only “odd duck”. It would be interesting to know how many bull barrels are “going to the floor” this fall. I hope that others will post if they ordered one. More curious than anything else. Even if the number is substantial, and it’s probably higher than we think, SHILOH has a plan for sure. We still have until December 22 before “fall” ends. Man, I can’t wait!! All I do is pace the floor and order 50-90 brass. Thanks for listening; I’m over it now.
"It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself." --Thomas Jefferson: 1782.
Omaha Poke

Post by Omaha Poke »

My order was on the floor!!! The show room floor that is. On my way back to ND to hunt Buffalo with Mike Davis, I stopped in at Big Timber, Shiloh, and bought a very nice cartridge belt, and looked over the models they had for sale in the showroom. I found a great .45-110 (45 - 2 7/8") in LRE with a great stock in semi fancy (to me it looked more like fancy) wood. I vowed to stop back on the way home!!!

On the way home, I was hitting it hard to get to Big Timber before 5:00PM and made it at 4:45. I again looked this rifle over very carefully and pounced on it. I am home with it now. What a beaut!! Watch out Kenny, when I come to WY for the Territorial match, I have a couple of rifles that you will need to contend with. I had so much fun at your last match I can hardly wait till next May!! I plan to work on load developement from now till May on making the most accurate load I can possibly get!!!!!! Be prepared, I am coming!!

Somewhat kidding Ken, but I am coming to win, whether I do or not, that is my plan. Have a great winter, all, Randy
Randy Ruwe
krems

Post by krems »

Hello,
C'mon guys lets get these bull barrel rifles ordered. I too have one on order since January 2003. I was informed by shiloh that they run their production based on barrels. They run production lots of Heavy barrels, standard barrels, bull barrels etc. When enough bull barrel orders are on file they will run a batch of rifles.......I hope soon.

I've got a 50-90 16 lb. fancy #1 on order.. 30 inch barrels were the longest they will make at this time. I'm thinking of changing to a #3 sporter w/ the ebony pistol grip. Has any one bought one of the rifles w/ that ebony pistol grip. Just curious how you liked it

Krems
Tim Kauffman

bull barrel production timetable

Post by Tim Kauffman »

Gravity Railroad;
The bull barrel production time table is kind of confusing to me. In the past 8 months I have received 3 different answers to my inquiries on this matter as follows:
1. The gestation period for my bull barrel rifle is 10-11 months ( mine was ordered in early Feb.) (this was a e-mail responce.)
2. A bull barrel adds an additional 4-5 months to the waiting time due to the longer production time of the barrel. (e-mail responce)
3. Bull barrels are only produced in the fall. (phone conversation)
The first two answers did not mention fall as the only season for bull barrel production.
Any further clarification that anyone can provide on this matter would be deeply appreciated by this bull barrel customer.
:?
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Hi Guys, it's me, the dart board (ha ha). I will try to explain the best I can about the orders. I am going to use some examples here, and for god sakes don't any of you take it personal, ok?
You all remember the 911 attack, ups and downs in the stock market, people losing their retirement and so on. This all trimmed my backlog from 5 years to 10 - 12 months over night. I never cancel an order unless directed to from the customer, they go into an inactive file. We base our backlog on the orders that are in the active file only. Now a lot of these people have gotten their finances back in order and they re-activate their orders, we don't no when this is going to happen until the mail shows up. We then put them in the next available lot such as the 1997 order mentioned earlier. Tim, when you placed your order, we only had about 10 bulls to make. With all of the reactivation and change orders, that number is close to 50. I am waiting for the extra steel to show up right now to make my number change.
The girls in the office are trying their best to passify everyone. We have a lot of custom changes floating around here, such as special things to do to different guns, like hammers and their design (all one at a time hand work which changes my work force schedule).
Be patient guys, their coming, I promise, I hope this kind of clears up how we guess our backlog, so far we have been pretty close even with change orders that come in while the guns are already in production.
We are, and will continue to do our best to keep the customers happy.
Thanks Kirk

P.S. The girls get hammered on pretty hard about lying about our back log, but really their not, their just trying to guess as close as they can. If the guns were all exactly the same, we could hit it to the day, but their not and that's what makes the old Shiloh unique.
Gravity Railroad

Post by Gravity Railroad »

Kirk, I knew you had a plan. I certainly did not want to put any more stress in building the finest works of art that ever launched a bullet by BP. My hat’s off to you and your crew. I mean that. I know mine will come. Not knowing when is far worse than knowing there will be a slight delay. Please excuse my anxiousness. Keep up the good work and don’t stress. I’m not going anywhere but here on this forum that you have provided. All the best, Dave
"It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself." --Thomas Jefferson: 1782.
Kenny Wasserburger

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

Randy,

Congrats on the 2 7/8ths! A Real rifle !!!! by gawd!

Bring it!!! We are looking forward to you coming next year for the match.

Be aware though that the Rdnck is planing on shooting Pure Poison hisself and possibley Krik is going to shoot it also in the match. I am going to be toooooo busy running next years event which as of now has the makings of being our biggest best event ever!

Kenny Wasserburger
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
Kelley O.Roos

Post by Kelley O.Roos »

Hey Kenny W.,

Will you have to bribe Kirk to come and shoot your match? :P Or will be the other way around? :wink: :roll:

Kelley O. 8)
Kelley O.Roos
Tim Kauffman

Bull barrel schedule

Post by Tim Kauffman »

Hi Kirk;
I can see how old, inactive orders suddenly re-activating out of no-where to go to the front of the line along with additional requests, such as mine, would seriously complicate a production schdule and make forecasting completions next to impossible. Its got to be a very tough job to stay on top of. Thanks for shedding light on just how complex a job you folks have. Tumbleweed Tim
Kenny Wasserburger

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

Well Kelley,
I dont know for sure? We got alot of folks coming next year, Kirk, JC, Rdnck and many others. The wild thing is alot of 2 7/8ths Sharps are going to be on the line!

Omaha Poke got hisself a 45-110 and Buckeye Shooter, Jeff has one in the works could be a 45-110 match????

Kenny Wasserburger
Knight Commander of the FES!
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Michael Johnson

Post by Michael Johnson »

Kenny, does it still look like Memorial Day weekend for the match? We are getting ready to put our leave requests for the upcoming year. I want to come and shoot my Shiloh 45-100. Mike
Kelley O.Roos

Post by Kelley O.Roos »

Kenny W.,

I'm hoping to make it and a 45/90 will rule :wink:

Kelley O. 8)
Kelley O.Roos
Omaha Poke

Post by Omaha Poke »

Kelley, last year I brought my .40-65 Ballard and my .45-110 C Sharps. I screwed up on my .45-110 loads and let myself down in the long range. The 300-600 I tied for 1st with Don Johnson.

This year I won't screw up my loads, and will be bringing my .45-90 and my .45-110, with ammo that I hope to have proved out by then. You and everyone else will like this match, it is not just tough but a whole lot of fun. Hope to see you there. Randy
Randy Ruwe
Rooster Cogbum

Post by Rooster Cogbum »

Kirk, thanks for the information. All sorts of purchasing decisions changed after 9-11 I would suppose.

I was wondering, from the letter which lists an order number and release to production date, approximately how long until the orders get filled?

I'm sure custom things like AAA finish and engraving can really add up the time on a handmade piece of art.
dryfly

Post by dryfly »

Received the call today. Rifle is no longer on the floor, will ship on Monday. #1 sporter with extral fancy, AA finish, brass escutcheons,pewter tip, bone and charcoal, accent line, and MVA sights. It is good to be a kid again.