Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Steve Rhoades

Post by Steve Rhoades »

Kirk,
Chip didn't sneek by, he went around me like I was on a Vespa!!! :oops:
FOUNDER OF THE BRENT DANIELSON FAN CLUB
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

:lol: Looks like they sorta put the nonsense about 44-77's and 45-70's as no good for 1000 yd to bed. :lol:

Congrats to all the shooters.
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

Huh, no mouse guns again! I so want a mouse gun to win a big match so I can feel good about my 38-70 having a chance with the big boys. :lol: MD
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

Way to go Bob E. He's sneaking up on you guys with his swaged pp bullets so you better watch him! :lol: MD
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

Makes me wonder if there is something about momentum that isn't addressed by BC that gives the heavies advantage over the lighter bullets? Higher BC's should result in less wind drift and flatter trajectory so what's the problem with the 35's and 38's?
It would be interesting to equip the same guys that regularly place high with 44's and 45's with 35's and 38's and see if they still come out on top. MD
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

What would be interesting is to see another match like this in the fall after Bryan, Jimbo, and Kenny have had a summer to get the kinks worked out of their trigger fingers. :wink:
Steve Rhoades

Post by Steve Rhoades »

Don,
I'd never have a chance if that happened!

MD-Jimbo shot his 38-50 in the Cup and Dan T. shot one of his 38s as well.
My .40-82 bullet only weights 400 grains and it held windage right along with Chip's .44. My issues were with ups and downs which I now think is a brass length problem.
Some of my brass was 2.405 long and it was coming out of the rifle with the ends that looked like they were crimped. A .409 bullet will not go in the fired brass so I think those rounds were scraping the bullets and causing fins. I had to prep a bunch of new brass for this match so mixed them up with the brass I had been shooting.
Once I trim all the brass to 2.4 it should solve that problem and going to my new BACO bullet with larger grease grooves will cut down on the amount of patching required with the micro mini groove Paul Jones bullet I'm now shooting.
I've already shot some good scores with this rifle and I don't think I'm giving anything away to the .45 calibers.
It's a nice rifle and a dream to shoot. My hat is off to Kirk for his craftsmanship.
Now if I can just work something out for one of those new '77s in 44-77!
Steve R.
AZ.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

:lol: Steve neither would anybody else, but it'ld be fun to watch anyways.
Tip of the hat to ya for the match and the way you made that 40 sit up and pay attention. :)
Woody

Post by Woody »

Steve,

Ditto to Don's comments. Gets the old arguments going again. Kudos to Chip and you for the fine shooting, and I know a well run match. Wish I had been there. But I'm stuck here in the Midwest and having to put up Jim Kidwell. (I hope he is done with this thread.)

See you at Raton,

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
Steve Rhoades

Post by Steve Rhoades »

Woody,
Just remember, you can never raise people like Kidwell up to your level. They always manage to drag you down to theirs.
You are judged by the company you keep!!!!!!! :wink:
Steve R.
AZ.
Woody

Post by Woody »

I'm in trouble then. You've been over for dinner. What's my rep going to be when that gets out.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
Jim Kidwell

Post by Jim Kidwell »

Rhoades,

Give me a break. How are you going to lift me up to your level, when you live in the basement and I live upstairs. :wink:

BTW, I was proud of you for not claiming that you built Chip's rifle and developed his load for him. That had to be hard for you. I just knew you had some class.

I spoke to Gazaway this morning, He hit snow 45 miles south of Flagstaff and was down to 45 mph. He was in shock after all the fine weather you provided for the match..................................................Jim
bobw

Post by bobw »

Thank you Steve R for keeping us all informed about your match results. Like Oregon Bill I too would like to know if Chip Mates Creedmoor and Bob Hitchens Creedmoor were #2's at under 12# 2 oz or Creedmoor Target models at under 10#'s. It sounded like C Mates was a #2 with the round barrel but can you get more details on the other.? Maybe not to some, but it looks to me like std weight guns can & do compete very effectively at your shoot. bobw
Jim Kidwell

Post by Jim Kidwell »

Woody,

Pretend you don't know him. That might help your rep some what. :)

Now, I'm done with this thread. I was just trying to catch up to mdeland's marathon. I don't think anyone can catch him. Do you?:lol: :lol:
.........................................Jim
DeadEye

Post by DeadEye »

Hat's Off to Steve and Mike and Carolyn for a great time and a great match. When we left home I was up to my a$$ in snow, literally. A few days later it's 92 F and setting a record in Phoenix, nearly knocked this old man down. It was my first Creedmoor Match (the scores show it) but it won't be my last. In spite of his earlier threats to not let any more Canadians across the border after Harvey won the Silhouette match we managed to sneak in. Now we'd just like to go home but the 6" of snow in Flagstaff convinced us to wait another day. :lol: :lol:

Paul
"My heroes have always been cowboys and they still are it seems."