Shiloh Sharps Commemorative Hartford

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

TexasMac

Shiloh Sharps Commemorative Hartford

Post by TexasMac »

Guys,

I ran across the following and thought some of you may be interested. It's a Shiloh Sharps Commemorative Hartford in .45-70.
I was interested enough to check with Don's, the company that had Shiloh build the rifles. Certainly no more than 60 rifles were made sometime between 2004 & 2006. I do know the sales price at the time was between $3500 & $3700, so $2150 shipped with the custom box and stuff is a deal.

http://www.assra.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB. ... 1346974291

Wayne
NRA Life (Benefactor & President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF Member, Author & Publisher of the Browning BPCR book
http://www.texas-mac.com
drcook

Re: Shiloh Sharps Commemorative Hartford

Post by drcook »

I saw that also. There has been one floating around gunbroker that has been scratched, and I believe fired for the same price as the seller wants for that rifle, so that one is a Beg Borrow or Steal to get it type gun. In my opinion.

I told 2 of my friends that they should scrape up whatever they could and buy it. The engraving and stuff aside, it is a chance to get a well optioned out shiloh for a significant savings. And since it was made during the "good timeframe", well, there you go.............
We thought about it for a long time Endeavor to persevere. And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union. I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender. They have him pulling a wagon up in Kansas I bet
Lumpy Grits

Post by Lumpy Grits »

Wayne, the catalog sez 100 max. would be made. Did Shiloh stop after 60 then :?: :?
Gary
"Hav'n you along, is like loose'n two good men"
TexasMac

Post by TexasMac »

Gary,

Don's Store in Montana was the dealer that commissioned Shiloh to manufacture these rifles. I recently spoke with Charlie Pfau at Don's. He was very knowledgeable about the rifles. He said their plan was to have Shiloh make no more than 100, but only 60 were made with serial numbers LC001 though LC060 by the time they decided to stop production. Other than what I found on the Internet when I ran a search, this is all I know about the rifle. I seriously considered buying the rifle for $2150 as an investment and to resell it, but decided not to since I'm downsizing my firearm sales to spend more time shooting and other activities. Based on everything I found I still believe it's a great deal.

Wayne
NRA Life (Benefactor & President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF Member, Author & Publisher of the Browning BPCR book
TexasMac

Post by TexasMac »

Here's what I ran across while doing a Internet search.
====================

Don’s Inc., of Lewistown, MT, commissioned the Shiloh Sharps Rifle Company, of Big Timber, to create a limited commemorative series of rifles in honor of the Lewis and Clark Voyage of Discovery.
The rifle will be built on the Model 1874 Harford frame, with a 30-inch, heavy, octagon barrel and buckhorn sights.
Livingston engraver Suzi Bradley will add her art to the rifles with “Voyage of Discovery 1804-1806” engraved on the barrel and a silver inlay with an engraving of a silhouette of Lewis and Clark on the receiver.
The series will be limited to 100 rifles and will sell for $3,700 until July 4, 2002. After that, the price will be $3,900. A non-refundable deposit of $1,000 is required to reserve the rifle. For $200 more, a number in the series can be reserved.
For more or to order, contact Don’s Store by phone at 1-800-879-8194 or by e-mail at donstore@lewistown.net.
=========================

Based on the above and comments from Charlie at Don's, I'm assuming order were taken in 2002 for rifles that were completed by Shiloh in 2004 - 2006, and they only received orders for 60 rifles or so, but that's only speculation on my part.
Wayne
Last edited by TexasMac on Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lumpy Grits

Post by Lumpy Grits »

THX Wayne :!:
There ain't much in spare $$$$ around here, or I would have bought that myownself :wink:
Gary
"Hav'n you along, is like loose'n two good men"
TexasMac

Post by TexasMac »

By the way, the article I mentioned above was dated July 20, 2001.

Wayne
ccongos@me.com

Post by ccongos@me.com »

I know this thread is ancient, but I just wanted to share that I am one of those few that have come into possession of one of these Lewis and Clark commemorative rifles! Found it at Buffalo Arms and had it shipped. It was very close to what I would have planned on having Shiloh make anyway, plus, no 2 year wait. Loving the rifle so far, and plan to have it put in my coffin when the day comes.

Mac, you were correct in your research!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Chad
SFogler

Post by SFogler »

Where do you plan to be buried?
Kenny Wasserburger

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

SFogler wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:03 pm Where do you plan to be buried?
And we can rent a backhoe. I know how to run one. :P :lol: :lol:

KW
ccongos@me.com

Post by ccongos@me.com »

:)
-Chad
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Kenny Wasserburger wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:29 pm
SFogler wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:03 pm Where do you plan to be buried?
And we can rent a backhoe. I know how to run one. :P :lol: :lol:

KW
Don’t need to rent one I have one 😁
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
SFogler

Post by SFogler »

Looks like "rest in piece" for ccongos! You won't have any problem getting a lot of folks to show up!