Thanks!

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Texas Shooter

Thanks!

Post by Texas Shooter »

To Lucinda and Suzi:

Just wanted to drop a quick note to say, "Thanks!" for the help in ordering my rifle today. You were both very helpful and patient.

I'm sure it will be beautiful. Now I can start planning Rifle #2. :-) :-)

Thanks again.

Take Care,

Ty O'Neal
Texas Shooter
"Aim Small, Miss Small!"
Lee Stone

Post by Lee Stone »

Texas Shooter,

If you don't mind saying, what did you order?
Lee Stone
Texas Shooter

Post by Texas Shooter »

Lee:

I wanted to duplicate a, "Fancy Sporting Rifle" similiar to those found in the Sellers book. This one is pretty dolled up. This one will be shot only occationally.

Hartford, 30 inch, Heavy Octagon, pewter tip, presentation wood, Crescent Butt plate, French Finish, Engraving pattern #1 and #2 combination w/ the eagle on the hammer. Polished barrel, fired screws, Traditional checkering, bedded barrel. semi-buckhorn sight, hooded front - MVA rear sight. I think that's at least most of it.

I am really looking forward to getting it. From what I saw at their booth, this could easily be a lifetime addiction.

The vast majority of my shooting will be done with rifle #2. #1 Sporter or a LRE. As soon as my place in line gets called again. I have a July 03 order, so I don't think it will be to long. With the engraving on the first rifle, #2 is might even be here ahead if #1. :-)

Needless to say, #2 will not be as fancy.

For those interested, no Borchardt was seen at the show. :-(

Thanks,

Ty O'Neal
Texas Shooter
"Aim Small, Miss Small!"
Tejas Raz

Post by Tejas Raz »

Ty, that thing's gonna be more than pretty ... but she's still a shooter and if'n #2 don't come in first, I swear to the shooter's on this board, You a gonna shoot the snot out of it and get yur baptism by black powder fire by golly!!!

What you think boys and girls? I say it be a Shiloh, it be a shooter!

hehehe!
Scott Rasmussen
aka: Tejas Raz - Semper Fi!
http://community.webshots.com/user/tejas_raz
.45-70 Gov't, .40-60 Maynard & Patched Round Ball
NRA Life
Lee Stone

Post by Lee Stone »

Man! That is going to be really beautiful. And I have to agree with Tejas, you have got to shoot that beauty and not let her languish in the safe. My Hartford will be like this:

Hartford .45/90

34” HEAVY BARREL
MILLITARY BUTTSTOCK
PATCH BOX
SEMI FANCY WOOD
AA FINISH
PEWTER TIP
HARTFORD COLLAR
#111 INTERCHANABLE SIGHT
LONG RANGE BUFFALO SOULE, MVA SIGHT
MAGNUM HADLEY EYECUP
#100 SEMI BUCKHORN SIGHT
GOLD INLAY INITIALS IN GOLD OVAL (LS)
POLISHED BARREL
FIRE BLUED SCREWS
PACK HARDEN
CUSTOM BED FOREARM
TRADITIONAL CHECKERING

And she is back from the engraver and is out having the checkering done now. So it wont be long. I am really excited.

My .50/90 Sporter # 1 order is like this except it is ordered with presentation grade wood and AAA finish, shotgun butt stock, and of course no patchbox (can't put a patchbox into wood any higher that semi-fancy).

And I am already dreaming about three more Shilohs that I have spec'ed out. :roll:

So we are going to have some really beautiful rifles. But then, I have never seen a '74 Sharps that I did not think was beautiful. I like the '77s a lot too.
Lee Stone
Texas Shooter

Post by Texas Shooter »

Lee:

Your Hartford sounds great. Will yours be a, "Quigley"? Will this be your first Shiloh? You following your Hartford with a #1 Sporter is an absolutly brilliant
idea. ;-) ;-)

I plan on following your lead. However, both of mine will be in 45-70 to start. I figure of these go well, I will venture into the 45-110 eventually.

I have spec's for a total of six including these two. Oh well, one can always dream.

What other models would you like?

"Nothing succeeds like excess!" :-) :-) :-)

True or False, it's like being 10 years old again and waiting for Christmas.

Tkae Care,

Texas Shooter
"Aim Small, Miss Small!"
Lee Stone

Post by Lee Stone »

TRUE!!

And, like Peter Pan (except I would probably be more like one of the "Lost Boys".) I do not intend to ever grow out of this.

Well, when I placed the order for my Hartford, or as I like to think of it, "My Duded Up Quigley", I already had five rifles in .45/70. So I wanted the .45/90. Then in July something bit me and I absolutely had to have the only cure, a .50/90. The next specification that I mentioned dreaming about is an LRE in .45/110. After that a Montana Roughrider in .45/100 and then a Saddle Rifle in .45/70.

Of course the three last ones are still in the dream stage, but I have strong intentions of bringing them to reality.

Oh yes, thoughts of a Military Carbine "74 in .50/70 have also passed through my mind.

Live is just too durned short! These rifles sure make me want more time.
Lee Stone
Lee Stone

Post by Lee Stone »

Oh yes, my wife will tell you that I am the most excessive little boy in the world. Well, that is her opinion anyway.
Lee Stone
Tejas Raz

Post by Tejas Raz »

Lee, if she saw us all in the same room at one time, she'd just roll her eyes and wonder what egg hatched us muttering something like: "And I thought HE was the only one!"

You are in good company Sir!
Scott Rasmussen
aka: Tejas Raz - Semper Fi!
http://community.webshots.com/user/tejas_raz
.45-70 Gov't, .40-60 Maynard & Patched Round Ball
NRA Life
Lead Pot

Post by Lead Pot »

Great pictures Tejas Raz.
I love that lab.He looks like my Mike.I had him for 12 years.And yes you will loose a few targets and trailor wires and a few other things,but forgive him for it,you wont find a better friend.
God I miss mike.Kurt.
Texas Shooter

Post by Texas Shooter »

Lee:

I can relate. If I won the Lotto...... ;-) In total I would like 6 shilohs.

1 Fancy Sporting Rifle (Hartford) 45-70
2 #1 Sporter 45-70
3 #1 Sporter 45-110
4 Borchardt 45-110
5 Quigley 45-110
6 Carbine or Saddle rifle for hunting 45-110

How about the rest of you, what is on your dream list?

Texas Shooter
"Aim Small, Miss Small!"
krems

Post by krems »

Now you got me thinking about those Shilohs again!...My list would include: (but not limited to of course!)
1. Fancy sporter #1 14 pound bull barrel 45-110 for LR shooting
2. Fancy #3 SGB 14/16 pound bull barrel 50-90 for pure fun
3. Fancy Hartford Model 44-77 standard weight barrel 30"
4. Fancy Sporter #1 12 pound rifle for sillywets in 45-90
5. Fancy Hartford model in 50-70, 28" barrel
6. Fancy Business rifle in 45-70

I suppose I'd add a 40-70ss to the collection eventually. This is going to be expensive......

Krems
Texas Shooter

Post by Texas Shooter »

Tejas:

"What you think boys and girls? I say it be a Shiloh, it be a shooter!"

I'm at the point now, even if it's not a Shiloh it's a shooter.

I can't wait to get out and pop off a few rounds.

Texas Shooter
"Aim Small, Miss Small!"
Texas Shooter

Post by Texas Shooter »

Lee:

What's life without a new toy? If we were women we probably would want new dresses or shoes.

Texas Shooter
"Aim Small, Miss Small!"
Lee Stone

Post by Lee Stone »

Texas Shooter,

In my wife's case it would be a "new" antique doll. And I have spent in excess of 3K a piece for some of her antique dolls. Man, they are expensive. But, they are a good investment because they only go up in value as time goes by. And quite frankly, I very much enjoy getting her another one to add to her rather extensive collection whenever she feels the urge for one. But on the other hand, I have no time for, nor interest in any conversations about how foolish my expenditures on guns or related items or supplies are. :wink:
Lee Stone