Sharps convertion Question?

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Howard Haworth

Sharps convertion Question?

Post by Howard Haworth »

To continue the theam on Shrps conversions.
I have an 1863 carbine 50-70 that is in need of a new barrel liner which I am having great dificulty in finding. Would I be better off having a Badger barrel or the like installed instead of trying to find another liner? I have been having this hankerin for a 45-110. Would this action be able to handle this round (with black powder only loads)? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks Howard.
Omaha Poke

Post by Omaha Poke »

Hi Howard, you might be better off directing this particular question directly to Kirk on the Support page. I am not sure, but I think he would be able to give the best answer to this question. BTW are you going to to the Custer Sil. shoot this coming Sunday? Hope so, see you there maybe, Randy
Randy Ruwe
Rich Siegel

Post by Rich Siegel »

Bob Hoyt, in Pennsylvania, does a hugh business with North-South Skirmish Association members relining original guns. If you like, I'll get his address for you. Charges in the area of $250 or so for a reline. I've never heard of anyone having a problem with his work and many top N-SSA shooters use his work.

My two cents worth, keep your carbine a 50/70 and buy a new rifle in the other calibers.
Howard Haworth

Post by Howard Haworth »

Rich yes I would like to get his address and phone # if possible. I would very much like to keep it in 50-70 but I have just not been able to find any one that could reline in this caliber. Would really appreciate it very much. Thanks

Omaha is the Custer shoot this weekend? I had not planed on it. I am trying to get a load worked up for my 50-90 to bring to the Machias shoot on the 31st. What is the course of fire at the custer shoot? And when is sighn up?