Spare parts

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

carrottop

Spare parts

Post by carrottop »

I am sure this has been addressed before, but to all of you researcers out there, a ? has any one discovered what spare parts the bufalo hunters carried with them, as they were probably weeks from a gunsmith and their whole livelyhood depended on a functioning rifle ,I wouldn't think that they would be at work with out the means to quickly repair anything up to a blown receiver or barrel. Any insight would be greatly appreciated as my Quigley should be here the 21st and I woud like to prepare for worst case scenarios even though I won't be out hunting bufs anytime soon.
SHILOH1
Don't no where were going ,but there ain't no use in being late.
kevin harris

spare parts

Post by kevin harris »

carrottop,

Since no one has answered you yet, let me start off by saying I am No expert on 1800-1900 History. If I were to guess a couple of fireing pins and pin springs with a remote possibility of a spare lever spring. Any way thats what I will be packing.
"No triumph of peace is quite so great as the supreme triumphs of war." T. Roosevelt

W.T.S.S.
carrottop

Post by carrottop »

Kevin thanks for the insight ,sounds like good advise . received my Quigley this date and as soon as I can find time I will start my reloading process. As I am an A type personality it is very difficult to not burn the midnight oil and put everything else on hold until I have several dozen rds to fire. But alas common sense demands that other things take priority. well I waited almost a year for my rifle I guess 2 or 3 days won't make a real overload of my patience.
SHILOH1
Don't no where were going ,but there ain't no use in being late.
kevin harris

spare parts

Post by kevin harris »

carrottop,

Wish you good shooting, went out on sunday to shoot and smell the smoke bitter cold though about 10below zero and 5-10 mph wind nothing serious just plinking25-50 yds. I have chosen my next cartridge and rifle, but as you say priorities. I dont like the look the bank gives me when mi niceities take priority. :) :)
"No triumph of peace is quite so great as the supreme triumphs of war." T. Roosevelt

W.T.S.S.