Trigger not working

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

lacking

Trigger not working

Post by lacking »

Ok, I know I read this somewhere...

I let a friend of mine dryfire my rifle, while supporting the hammer from snapping down. I forgot to mention to him not to pull it back.

Double set Trigger went click hammer didn't move and now will not fall, and trigger will not drop hammer.

Haven't touched anything since. I know I read somewhere what you have to do in this event, but can't find it through search.

Ok now what???
kamotz

Post by kamotz »

Yea, slap freind in the back of the head. Thats the first step in a situation like this. :roll:
Once you shoot black, youll never go back
Omaha Poke

Post by Omaha Poke »

lacking, I think your best bet wouldbe to call Kirk at Shiloh and get advice direct from the horses mouth so to speak. You might try first to pull the hammer all the way back and while holding it back gently squeeze the front or set trigger, while it is depressed see if you can ease the hammer forward. That is the only thought I had on this problem. Best to call Kirk though :roll: Randy
Randy Ruwe
lacking

I found the answer

Post by lacking »

I found the answer. It was on another forum that I tend to read.
First you squeeze the back trigger which resets the front trigger. Then let the hammer down with a squeeze on the front (set) trigger.

Thanks for the replys
(back of friends head has been officially upsided for scaring the bejeebers out of me)
Lucinda

Post by Lucinda »

lacking!

Good Afternoon! Give me a call at the office and we will get you squared away. 406-932-4266 or 406-932-4454. You can also private message me with your phone number and I will contact you.

Lucinda