Any BPCR shooting around Melbourne Beach, Flordia

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

steve witt

Any BPCR shooting around Melbourne Beach, Flordia

Post by steve witt »

I'll be in this area for the month of Feb. & have a rifle with me. Like to shoot with someone or go to a match in the area. Any thoughts apprecieated. Will be stopping off at an old friends, Sharpsman place in the great state of LA. for a lesson or two then on to FL. best regards steve witt
steve witt

Post by steve witt »

Sorry about the spelling Florida..............
8iowa

Post by 8iowa »

Steve:

I think we are basically "matchless" here in Florida. My son lives in the Gainesville area so we have just joined the Bradford Sports Farm up there. They have a 300 yard, and are developing a 600 yard range so the future looks bright. I like to go up there as often as I can. We both shoot 40-70SS 1877 Sharps rifles.

I live in Fort Myers and have to travel North about 40 miles to the C. Webb Wildlife Refuge, where they have a 200 yard range. It's a distant second choice however, as it is unsupervised, and a lot of loonies take their SKS's up there to tear up the dirt.

Send me a PM with your email and I'll be glad to let you know when my son and I will be up at the Bradford range.
NRA LIfe Member
NAHC Life Member
"Heaven is North of the bridge"
Rdurk

Post by Rdurk »

As soon as my rifle comes in (Kirk?) (it should be going into production in a couple of weeks) I will be joining the Port Malabar Rifle & Pistol Club just south of Melbourne Florida. They have a 600 yard range and have BPCR Silhouette on their calendar .. haven't shot it in a couple of years as the guy who used to organize the matches moved.

They said we need 5 shooters in order to 'go active' with a monthly match, in addition to a practice day every month for the long range. I've got a couple of shooters that I know who are interested .. anyone else send me an email to rdurkin@comcast.net, and I'll keep you posted. I hope we can have the first match scheduled for April. Good Shootin!
EdwinH

BPCR Range in Florida

Post by EdwinH »

Hello Steve,
We here at the Eustis Gun Club, located just 30 miles north of Orlando, Florida have a Muzzle Loading and BPCR shoot the First Sunday of every month. For this February, it is on Sunday the first starting at 0800. We will shoot 100 yards and 200 meters. The 100-yard event is shooting paper, 20 rounds required, from the sticks or bench positions and awards will be given. The 200-meter event normally will start around 0930 as the light on that range is better at that hour. The Match Director had mentioned to me, that they are planning to shoot steel targets from the standing position, siting with sticks, and prone with the sticks. The next event is on Sunday, March 7th. :lol:
Shiloh is the Ultimate!
Sporter #1
NRA
NMLRA
ATA
steve witt

Post by steve witt »

Thanks guys for the info. EdwinH, unfortunatly your shoot is on the day I arrive, so I doubt it would work out. Rdurk I 'll probally try and hook up with someone and check out that Rifle and pistol club you mention, sounds close to where I'll be stsying. If nothing else maybe I can jut get some trigger time. 8iowa, interesting handle. Any particular significance? I live in Iowa. Best regards steve witt
EdwinH

BPCR in Florida

Post by EdwinH »

Steve,

If you have a chance to visit Orlando, while here in Florida, check or visit with Richard at Buffalo Bills Shooting Store. http://www.buffalobillsshootingstore.com/
He would have information on other events and ranges in the North and Central Florida area. :lol:
Shiloh is the Ultimate!
Sporter #1
NRA
NMLRA
ATA
EdwinH

BPCR in Florida

Post by EdwinH »

:lol: I have been informed that there is another Place to shoot BPCR here in Sunny Florida. It is at the Gateway Rifle & Pistol Club in Jacksonville, Florida. They shoot paper at 200 yards every Wednesday starting at 0800. Also hold a Silhouette match the 4th Saturday of every month. :wink:

Their web site is located at:

http://www.championshooters.com/clubs/fl-grpc.html
Shiloh is the Ultimate!
Sporter #1
NRA
NMLRA
ATA
RMulhern

BPCR in Florida?

Post by RMulhern »

EdwinH

You fellows don't let that "Iowegan" come in there! He'll wax all of ya so bad....you'll be crying in ya beer! He's got an ole Shiloh Sharps that's so beat up....it looks as if it "fit the battle" at Adobe Walls and got trampled by the Indians horses! But Lordy...can he shoot it!! And for the Good Lords sake...don't pay no never mind to his loading technique cause all he does is just dump the powder in and shoves in a bullet. Only problem is.....HE HITS EVERYTHING HE SHOOTS AT!!!!!!!!!!
EdwinH

BPCR in Sunny Florida

Post by EdwinH »

Sharpsman,

Many thanks for the Heads-Up on "Iowegan". If he shows up we will put him in the Center of the line, rattle the snake bells and smoke him out. He will go home wanting to sell his beat up old Shiloh. :lol:

I have been the leader of the pack down here for the past two years, but a newby just cleaned all of our clocks last weekend with a used 40-65 Shiloh LRE. Shot a near perfect score, perhaps beginners luck? We will take him next time…. :evil:
Shiloh is the Ultimate!
Sporter #1
NRA
NMLRA
ATA