Sources

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

hammer

Sources

Post by hammer »

I am so new at this I don't even have my rifle yet, on order, they say four to five more months. That give me a lot of time to start gearing up. I am a very experienced reloader for High Power competition, I am told to forget all that so here goes.

Best places to get supplies, bullets, powder, reloading books, tools, do I see myself spending money or what. I need a book that is designed for someone why if just starting at this. Don't want to cast my own bullets at this point, would prefer prelubed ready to go. By the way this is for a .45 70. Thanks a million. If you BPCR guy's are like the High Power folks I am sure I will get some feedback here.

Mike
bubba

Post by bubba »

Here's the big one www.buffaloarms.com . They've got just about anything you'll need, plus they're nice folks to deal with. Been thinking about having my paycheck sent straight to them, they seem to end up with most of it anyway.
8iowa

Post by 8iowa »

Hammer:

I too am an experienced loader, over thirty years. that being said, BP cartridges definitely was a new experience and learning curve.

I'll recommend that you do get involved in casting, you will be doing this rather quickly after starting shooting anyhow, so might as well gear up for it now. This will involve a melting furnace and a lubricator-sizer.

I find that I need five dies to complete the loading process so I now have a Lyman Mag II turret press. The Lyman 55 BP measure with 2' drop tube is also on my bench.

I also find that I deal a lot with Lyman and Buffalo Arms now that I'm into BPC. If you send me a pm I will delve deeper into the process and equipment. I'm just North of you in the Summer.
NRA LIfe Member
NAHC Life Member
"Heaven is North of the bridge"