MVA, Baldwin, Kelly or?

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Capt Henry

Post by Capt Henry »

Nobody has mentioned the sight made by Lee Shaver......???? As I am still looking for a good sight to replace the one I bought :x I am following this post closely. Need one for my Sharps and Browning,.
Capt Henry
aka RollandH
#1 Sporter 45-70, semi-fancy wood, 30 inch barrel, shotgun butt with traditional steel butt plate. pewter tip. (buffler thumper)
Smokin

Soule tolerances or intolerances

Post by Smokin »

Sharpsman,

I would direct you to re-read the section in my comments about the Hoke sight where I mention that the staff windage adjustment rides in a dovetail way with a gib which is adjustable for tension and to compensate for wear. Keep it clean and lubed and it will stay a true as the tables on a machinist's mill or a cabinet maker's jointer. If the Soule style sight is giving you conniptions, fits, or otherwise contributing to mis, mal, or non humors, I'd suggest your taking a peek at this fine sight. Others have stated their positions and I have posited my position. Positively, Smokin
Smokin

Member in tall standing of the Frozen Tundra Chapter, Flat Earth Society.
Manny Clothakis

MVA, Baldwin - Kelly

Post by Manny Clothakis »

Thank you everyone for their opinions and suggestions regarding my choice of site. I am favoring the MVA for all the reasons stated in the reply's, good quality, customer service, warrenty and a biggy they support our sport - thanks again, Manny :P :P
Rickd

Post by Rickd »

Manny, I don't think you can go wrong with the MVA's. They certainly seem to be the standard against which the others are measured. I had a chance to compare MVA's and 3 of the others mentioned above in October when I visited the Shiloh factory. I wasn't sure which to finally go with. After being able to hold them in my hand, side by side, it was the MVA all the way for my new #1 sporter.. front and back. Good shootin!
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Good morning Randy, I think you need to take another look at the catalog and you will see that these two sights are no longer there. So that you are straight on this, we never use to have so many sight makers untill lately so I offered this sight as a hunting and plinking sight as did Wolfgang and this has went on for almost 30 years. The BATF requires a rifle to leave the factory with sights so that should clear that up. You were not required by Shiloh to get one of these sights, it is just because the L.R. Express came with no rear dovetail and I am required to put the sight thing on. Hope this clears everything up for you. Thanks Kirk

P.S. Believe me this sight package was never intended for target work!!!!