Anyone Using Progressive Presses?

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Kenny Wasserburger

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

Harlin,
Nope not a day off just got in early! :lol:

The C&H press is very nice I like mine alot.

Bonanza Driver,

When I use about a 10-15 second slow pour with my 30 inch tube I get quite a bit below the case mouth. I am compressing about .400 with the Norma cases and around .380 with 108.5 grs of Fg in the BA 348 cases.

The 107 gr load appears after using my MV Scope to be a more accurate load then the 108.5 gr load in the BA cases. Am very glad that I got more Norma brass coming.

Use a slow pour and the drop tube in my opinion is a very needed thing. If your filling the case full you must be just dumping the powder?

Got in early again today whew love it when it warms up a bit.

Kenny Wasserburger
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
powderburner

Post by powderburner »

I use my dillon for both smokeless and black it is set up as normal and I have an old 450 powder measure and a drop tube mounted in the stand
I size when I clean the cases than I prime with a lee auto prime dump chgs with the 450 measure add a wad than go to the dillon and compress with the automatic powder measure than use a brass plug turned smaller than the inside of the case if I need to compress more ,pop it out seat a bullet and taper crimp and into the box I can get 150 or so an hour this way never really measured my speed but it goes pretty fast.....Dean
Dean Becker
only one gun and they are 74 s
3rd asst. flunky,high desert chapter F.E.S.
MYWEIGH scale merchant
reclining member of O-G-A-N-T
RMulhern

Progressive Press

Post by RMulhern »

Harlan

Been using a T-7 for many months now....and it works like a charm! Real "beefy"....and returnability is 100%!

IMO...the only way to go!
Bonanza Driver

Post by Bonanza Driver »

Kenny:

Thanks for the (as always!) excellent advice. I just spoke with the folks at Dillon this afternoon and several of them load for BP on the 550 - all the way up to 45-120! Anyway, I ordered an AT500 powder die for my 550B. The AT500 die has a set screw to hold the powder funnel/expander in place in lieu of the powder measure. I'm going to slide a 30" drop tube into the upper half of the powder die and, voila! - I'm back to following Kenny W's advice!

Kenny, thanks again.

All the Best,
Steve
Work Hard,
Play Hard,
Don't Alibi,
Produce
powderburner

Post by powderburner »

that at 500 sounds like my old dillon 450 no moving parts except the slide . I just replaced the plastic hopper with copper pipe
Dean Becker
only one gun and they are 74 s
3rd asst. flunky,high desert chapter F.E.S.
MYWEIGH scale merchant
reclining member of O-G-A-N-T