Well I did it, ordered a Sharps.

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Gary

Well I did it, ordered a Sharps.

Post by Gary »

from William Goodman in Bozeman,MT. I don't know if there is any difference in ordering from Bill or direct from the factory, but I can say, he was very easy to do business with and seems like a real honest man as well as helpful in helping me decide what to get on the rifle. It will be a change from shooting a Remington Rolling Block but I just had to have the Sharps. Hope to visit this forum more often now that I'm a "Sharps Shooter" Gary
Tasmanian Rebel

Post by Tasmanian Rebel »

Congrats Gary. I bought my first Shiloh through Bill Goodman. Had a brother-in-law receive one from the factory and I thought it was the best looking gun I ever saw and just HAD to have one. Couldn't wait the 10-12 months so enter B. Goodman. When I opened the case the first thing that went through my mind was "he sent the wrong gun". No way could semi-fancy wood be this nice. I called him just to be sure and he started laughing and said something about Shiloh really puts nice wood on their guns. Gary, one thing you may find out , as Rdnck says, these thing are like potato chips-you can't have just one. I've since bought another and have a third, bull-barrel gun on order.
Ray Newman

Post by Ray Newman »

gary & taz: how much of a "surcharge" does Goodman tack on to the price of a Shiloh these days?
Tasmanian Rebel

Post by Tasmanian Rebel »

Ray, seems like it was between 200 to 250$.
Gary

surcharge

Post by Gary »

At present Bill isn't charging a surcharge. Gary
obfmcb

Post by obfmcb »

Gary,

Same experience with Bill - no surcharge and really helpful "Are you really, really sure you want the miltary butt on that 50-90?" One month down...

obfmcb