Trends in BPCR Long Range Shooting

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Kenny Wasserburger

Re: Trends in BPCR Long Range Shooting

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

A second thought those electronic don’t use the target carriers.

And are not left out in the weather. Something still don’t jive. No reason to not let a group buy their own uprights and use the regular carriers.

Kenny Wasserburger
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
Kenny Wasserburger

steveu834 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:30 pm So, they are not going to shoot past 600 to try to keep replacement costs down on the electronic targets???
Steve that isn’t addressed I guess.

Makes you wonder.

Kenny Wasserburger
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

bryany

Post by bryany »

10 electronic targets don't really cover a 21 point range. Still comes down to some personal attitudes about who runs the range.

Bryan
“I wonder if God created man because He was disappointed with the monkey.” Mark Twain
Kenny Wasserburger

Bryan exactly…… unfortunately.

Karma… might be inevitable.

Kenny Wasserburger

bohemianway

Post by bohemianway »

Not to get into the fray but at MGFC.org our companion club MRC has about 15 electronic targets mounted in carriers and 5 additional paper target carriers on one side for approximately the last twenty years on their 300 meter range. And, we shoot everything on the paper but only specific bullet types on the e-targets. What is the problem? Or is it just politics?
steveu834

Post by steveu834 »

I have seen this before at a club. One group thought that they could utilize ( dominate) the range time better than sharing with the others to promote their particular shooting discipline. In the end, everyone lost out.
Kenny Wasserburger

steveu834 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:17 am I have seen this before at a club. One group thought that they could utilize ( dominate) the range time better than sharing with the others to promote their particular shooting discipline. In the end, everyone lost out.
Steve, I believe you are correct. This kind of reminds me of someone that found religion late in life, and now believes he is on the path of the only one true way. The rest of his former friends are heretics now, in his opinion, and he has made sure they won’t be allowed in his new church.

The facilities at Byers are absolutely the best I have ever used, when it comes to a 1000 yard range. And unfortunately about 35-40 die hard BPTR shooters have lost the best venue within a days drive we had. Many came from much further than myself. Including Idaho, Texas and New Mexico.

Kenny Wasserburger

desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Just a thought my friends and fellow shooters. Those that have competed in Target at CRC know well what a grand facility that is if not also ideally suited for pursuing our sport. Should we passively allow this moment to pass forever into the future or, metaphorically speaking, take the initiative and turn the lemons into lemonade?
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
JonnyV
Location: Living in a van down by the river eatin’ Govt cheese

Post by JonnyV »

Going for the "frame damage" argument is a load of crap.
semtav

Post by semtav »

Maybe it's time to go back to the original creedmoor style matches like Kenny is having. Could make a lot more local ranges for a lot less upfront cost.
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

While languishing down here in the Sonoran Desert trying to decide which thermometer is correct, the one that reads 72F or the one reading 71F I suspect possibly the warm sun on a sparsely covered cranium has incited some neural activity. Is this actually a situation that requires the interested Byers competitors answering one of two questions rather than moaning and groaning while crying into various adult beverages or will those interested competitors put on their big boy pants and devise a solution? Laying blame is a waste of time and accomplishes nothing.

Question #1.- Do you want to see BPCR shooting at Byers go away? If so, you don't have to do anything.

Question #2.- Do you want to see BPCR shooting at Byers continue and possibly grow? In this case you have work to do.

Which will it be? Estrogen or testosterone?
Kenny Wasserburger

desert deuce wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:38 am While languishing down here in the Sonoran Desert trying to decide which thermometer is correct, the one that reads 72F or the one reading 71F I suspect possibly the warm sun on a sparsely covered cranium has incited some neural activity. Is this actually a situation that requires the interested Byers competitors answering one of two questions rather than moaning and groaning while crying into various adult beverages or will those interested competitors put on their big boy pants and devise a solution? Laying blame is a waste of time and accomplishes nothing.

Question #1.- Do you want to see BPCR shooting at Byers go away? If so, you don't have to do anything.

Question #2.- Do you want to see BPCR shooting at Byers continue and possibly grow? In this case you have work to do.

Which will it be? Estrogen or testosterone?
I believe the current club officials including the 1000 yard range coordinator, have aligned to create a situation that proves difficult if not impossible to overcome. One that’s been in the works for several years. Only members have much of a say, and that requires considerable numbers to do so. Something we do not have. Since you’re old friends with the 1000 yard range coordinator Zack perhaps you can reach out too him personally your self and convince him otherwise because he is the primary driver to this conundrum, as it currently is. Your personal powers of persuasion are all that is needed or required I am sure.

I believe that I will work with what I can personally Control, as Semtav said and continue with our preparations for the 150th Anniversary of Traditional Creedmoor.

Kenny Wasserburger

VectorMan

Post by VectorMan »

Ok, I’m going to ask a few questions, so don’t find it necessary to treat me harshly.

So the BPTRA has discontinued because the CRC said they can not have anymore matches there at its facility?

Didn’t the BPTRA also have matches at Worland?

So the BPTRA has completely shut down, no more matches anywhere?

Does Worland have a 1000 yard range?

OCGC now has a 1000 yard range, did anyone look into it or any other venues that might have a 1000 yard range?

It seems the BPTRA was well ran, with good attendance and great awards, especially for just a start up organization that had the bad luck of 2 of its 5 years to be during a so called pandemic. A lot of hard work and self sacrifice went into this new organization and it would be a shame to see it disappear unless the governing board is just tired of running it or it wasn’t self sustaining, which I can understand.

Thanks,

KA
"keep adding powder til it bloodies your nose and blacks your eyes, then back it off bout 5 grains."
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

You know, while am not the most intelligent or knowledgeable person commenting here, it seems to me that KW struck on to something and he should follow up on his own statement. KW wrote: "Something still don’t jive." I guess us less intelligent less knowledgeable folks hit on the same thought at almost the same moment in time as did KW. Remembering Paul Harvey, I think it is time for the rest of the story. You are the affected parties and it is up to you to ferret out the truth. Listening to one side only won't take you there.
Ray Newman

Post by Ray Newman »

“….. A lot of hard work and self sacrifice went into this new organization and it would be a shame to see it disappear unless the governing board is just tired of running it or it wasn’t self sustaining, which I can understand.”

--VectorMan

BINGO! How long was Robt. Garibay running the matches and the Black Powder Target Rifle Association? In his E-mail, did he give any reason(s) for leaving?

Over the years, I was a scorekeeper and trustee at two different shooting clubs. AIso did some work at my Masonic Lodge. After a while, you just get tired of you doing all the work, little or no help from governing boards and club members, and/or hearing nothing but complaints.

Desert Deuce is onto it --both sides of the coin need to be examined.
Grand PooBah
WA ST F. E. S.

In real life may you be the bad ass that you claim to be on social media....