jackrabbit

Re: Trends in BPCR Long Range Shooting

Post by jackrabbit »

That is fantastic news!

I may have to dust off the 'ol 90....
J.B.

Post by J.B. »

Indeed it is good new for sure. Not that I'm likely to make it to Byers anytime soon but the potential closure ...or 'closing off' of a venue to shoot
BPTR Creedmoor matches is always cause for some concern ..so hearing of positive negotiations being in progress is refreshing to hear. We are dealing with the potential loss of yet another of our ranges back home so some positive outlooks, even if 7000 miles away, are good to hear about. It seems discussion has also brought forth options also which can't be bad. :?:
.. All the best in your collective endeavours. 8)
.. rgds.. J.B.
"an experimental weapon..with experimental ammunition ? ...Lets experiment "
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

It takes a shooting community to raise up a shooting range. :D Andale!
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
JonnyV
Location: Living in a van down by the river eatin’ Govt cheese

Post by JonnyV »

Outstanding!! I will support by joining the club even though I live 1500 miles away. I'm going to join up to Ben Avery when I get down there on the 27th of this month. It's vitally important for all of us to make sure we support these clubs with more than smiles and compliments....we need to support with dollars.

The other thing here that is inescapable is that we need a nation-wide sanctioning body. Been noodling this for a few days now ever since I had a phone call with another member of this forum....

I have a lot of ideas on this, but these ideas would require a bunch of work by a lot of people all across the country. As such, it's likely just a hot topic for a bottle-fueled conversation.
ian45662

Post by ian45662 »

Kenny and Jimbo and whoever else is working behind the scenes really deserve a big round of applause. It’s bad news anytime shooters loose a range. These fellas putting themselves out there and taking time to get Byers back on track shows a true commitment to the sport we all love.
bpcrshooter62

Post by bpcrshooter62 »

Ya what Ian said :D :D :D
JonnyV

Post by JonnyV »

BPTRA website is gone.
Kenny Wasserburger

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

JonnyV wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:28 am BPTRA website is gone.
Yeah he said it would be in the Email sent out 23 December.

Time to start working towards a group run association anyways. But let’s first see what we find out from CRC and if we can even get a date for 2024.

Kenny W.
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Considering the upcoming journey something like the corollary of building a house may be a good approach in thinking this through.
Logically, a first priority of laying a substantial and durable foundation performed by dedicated workmen must be the priority.
At the moment we may be dealing with excavating in order to tie the steel before setting the footers with concrete and allowing that to set.
Pouring the footers one day and rushing to occupy the dwelling the next could easily doom the project.

So far, looks like a great start by dedicated construction workers is underway. :D

Moreover, once the workmen have restored the event, the practitioners must make effort to support their labors by flocking to their success. And, for those that are unable to grasp the import of those words you the shooters must show up and shoot to reward their work.

Now, in the mean time, if we can just resign SEMTAV to the landfills. :roll:
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

This is likely to be about as popular as Mormon missionaries setting up a lemonade stand in the parking lot at a Baptist revival, but here goes anyway.
Unless and until an organization can be formed to set up fully operational, maybe the best outcome for the future of BPTR would be for an established club with insurance etc, and good relations with NRA competitions to reestablish the nationals at the Whittington Center?
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
krgriggs

Post by krgriggs »

Unless and until an organization can be formed to set up fully operational, maybe the best outcome for the future of BPTR would be for an established club with insurance etc, and good relations with NRA competitions to reestablish the nationals at the Whittington Center?

I think an organization modeled after 22 bpcra is in order and hold nationals at Whittington is a great idea!
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

I’m thinking/hoping that’s what Kenny is working towards
That way clubs with range facility around the country could hold state and regional matches culminating with a national match every year
Record keeping so shooters can compete in class with the opportunity to move up in class
But in the meantime the NRA could fill in and now maybe with the change at the top they can get back to do what they were founded to do?
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
JonnyV

Post by JonnyV »

I agree with the idea that it needs to be controlled by committee, and spread out across the country hopefully facilitating a "points chase" and maybe even qualifying for a true national championship. It for sure cannot be controlled by one guy, we just saw how that works out....

In the meantime, why are people trying to banish SEMTAV to a landfill?? What's he doing out there anyway? Shooting at junk appliances and TV's or something? Used to have a pile of fun as a young man shooting rats at the dump myself, fingers get plum wore out from cramming .22 rounds into the mag....

desert deuce wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:09 pm
Now, in the mean time, if we can just resign SEMTAV to the landfills. :roll:
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

While that may prove a worthy goal for the very distant future there is a lot of foundational work that has to be, must be, done first. And, it has nothing to do with Competitions Division, NRA, et al, rather who we can trust among us because that was the previous and present, fatal flaw, problem we had to deal with. Traitors within our ranks operating in their own self interest. Is history repeating itself? Consider the following.

It seems some are forgetting the results of the 2015 & 2016 NRA position and demands on BPTR shooters articulated by Black Powder Committee and Competitions Division for the NRA leadership. Not to mention influential traitor competitors. Changes at Competitions Division is irrelevant, Black Powder Committe, is not credible and I have verified recently, continues to occupy a hostile mind set.

To Quote NRA in official Black Powder Committee meeting: "We want Black Powder Target Shooting out of the NRA and we are giving you, (Zack Taylor), a few weeks to make that happen." And suggesting we engage NRA today may either be ignorant of history or are recommending we repeat it is suspect on its face. Or maybe some folks think we are, I like the Mexican word for stupid, Pendejo!

Granted, because we pretty much knew what was coming then, somewhat of a transition acceptable to both sides may have been accomplished, however, that was never in the cards. Tyrants are always my way or the highway. Remember that when dealing with the NRA!

Pointing to the obvious, the NRA plan was for there being no Nationals in 2017 plus the 2017 awards carried the date 2016 on them. It was pretty clear NRA did not plan for 2017 to happen, much less 2018. Remember the short time frame demanded for entries, much shorter than advertised?

And, after BPTR's departure, NRA wanted the competitors to pay for NRA keeping national records and scores which they had not been doing anyway. Obvious parting shot/middle finger to NRA members.

Does anyone recall Steve Rhoades, the premier figure in BPTR at the time, being assigned to the silhouette committee rather than the Black Powder Committee where he belonged? Hmm, and just why do you think that happened? You think maybe it was already known at NRA HQ that Target going away was a foregone conclusion? Primarily people claiming to be the saviors of silhouette working against target, perhaps? Hmmm?

Anybody remember the skullduggery surrounding the move to Ridgeway and dual qualifying nationals, one east the other west, climaxing in a final, 3rd, match to decide the National Champion that never happened for silhouette? All lead by Judas Goats working in their own interests rather than what was obviously the greater good? How soon we forget. Pendejo again? No, probably not. Judas was one of the twelve, so, why should we assume we are exempt from traitors?

Consider this: NRA is/was solely responsible for the death of BPTR and BPCR competition at Raton, and only now, looking away from their failure nationwide back to the successes at Raton of the .22 matches and their success with big bore silhouette attached has hastened to enlist someone from their cadre to represent NRA's interests at Raton should raise a huge question mark. WHY, did NRA do this? :x

This is history that should be impossible to forget and information markers should clearly resonate with all shooters. So why is it being promoted at this point in time? Does not pass the smell test. :!:

Let's wait and see the concrete being poured for footers during the current resurrection of the Byers matches before blindly rushing into another NRA sponsored ambush.

While we all desire a positive outcome, as Kenny might say, "Something does not jive."
JonnyV

Post by JonnyV »

Agreed…getting into bed with the NRA means giving them total control of all aspects: financial, scheduling, and rules. We all hope that with Wayne gone, things will change, however, this is a hope in one hand and $#!t in the other situation.

Way better to have “local control” as they say. Will be crucial for all of us participants to render strong financial support when the new organization gets going.