Bad loads?

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Bo Alley

Bad loads?

Post by Bo Alley »

A couple of weeks ago, worked up 100 45-70's to the point where all that was remaining was compression & seating the bullets. Then got sidetracked, so am wondering even in this arid climate (Az) if those cases full of drop tube 2f goex with wads seated but not compressed could collect enough moisture (in Az?) to give me problems? Been sitting on the reloading bench which is inside the garage.

Plan on compressing and seating bullets tomorrow.
Tks
Bo
A craftsman makes his own schedule!
rdnck

Moisture

Post by rdnck »

Bo--A trick I use is to put charged cases in a gallon zip lock bag and seal it if I'm not going to seat bullets right away.

I think you will be O.K., unless you are planning to shoot a match. I would use these for practice. Shoot straight, rdnck.
Rickd

Post by Rickd »

Bo, in Arizona they probably LOST moisture! If you were in South Florida with 90%+humidity then I'd be concerned somewhat .. but in Arizona? I would think they would be fine.
JAGG

Post by JAGG »

Just put them out into the AZ. sun at noon till 1pm and they should be dry enough to shoot in a match or what ever ! JAGG
JAGG
Bo Alley

Post by Bo Alley »

Appreciate the input guys,

Well, them loads are all complete last Sunday and would you believe it, it actually rain'd here this week, maybe .01"! Anyway, have another issue and made a coment on another post.

FF starline brass with saeco 745 bullets and my #1 just don't like each other. Am seating to the middle of the lst grease groove, then runniing thru my RCSB sizing die again and these are still a very tight fit in a clean chamber! Think Im going to WW or Remington brass for the next session of 745's and the #1. Know it takes time and will probably have to go thru this again with the 45-90 LRE arrives in a few months (little braging don't hurt does it?)

Tks
Bo,
A craftsman makes his own schedule!