Good Lube

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Lead Pot

Good Lube

Post by Lead Pot »

I mixed up a good lube,but sorry I cant tell you what is in it for sure :?
I cleaned out my lube drawer.I had all kinds of different things I had mixed up.I started to pitch it in the garbage bucket.I looked at it and just could not do it,some of the mixes I made up were pretty good,so I got out the double boiler and threw it all in there,I had some commercial stuff like SPG-DGL in bulk and Lyman,so I remelted it and added more bees wax Just about a full bottle of sperm oil,half a bottle of lube guard just about a 3/4 jar of Hydrus Lanolin,some pig lard I had left over and 1/2 jar of murphys oil soap.
That pot was just about full.I put some in the freezer to cool it to check the consistancy.It was a little stiffer then I like so I poured in some canola oil.
Well I been shooting this stuff in my new creedmoor .45-90,350 rounds now,and found these ods and ends I put in the pot turned out to be exelent lube.I just wish I knew for sure what I have in it.I ended up with one and halve gallons of this mix.

Kurt
flintski

Post by flintski »

If I didn't know better :P I would have thought that that last post were written by me. I did the same thing this last winter, and you know that darn stuff is really good. Couldn't make it again, in a million years, but I have 16 pint bottles full. :roll: If I live to 100 I'll still have some to put on my coffins hinges.
Isn't this lube making fun :wink: ?
She: what have you been doing out in the club house?
Me: Making another batch of lube, honey.....
Why shoot an ugly gun when life is so short.