New Season-same dreams:

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

MOODYHOLLER

Ol Tye and the sweet bye -n-bye

Post by MOODYHOLLER »

MLV- having been thru Mingo co. hauling coal with my Dad when I was younger, I can understand your need to get away. I was raised up in Greenbriar Co. and it is like night and day. I would really like to see some of thta flat country myself but would probably be inclined to yttake root!!!!!! Thanks for a great book. Moodyholler
GOD BLESS AND KEEP SHOOTIN'
BuckeyeShooter

Post by BuckeyeShooter »

Worked with a guy from Logan County WVA for a few years and was always teasing him about the way he talked. He always called me buddy and for some time I thought he was calling me baby, was a little concerned before I finally figured it out. I'm a stones throw from being a hillbilly myself and it still is amazing how much the dialect changes in just a 150 miles or so. Lived in Missoula, MT for a while and was enticed back to Ohio for a woman who's now an ex-wife. Should of stayed in Montana. Will be back there some day I hope to stay.
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" -Benjamin Franklin-
JAGG

Post by JAGG »

TYRVR ! To improve your eye sight put a drop of that White Lightning in each eye an hour before your match begins ! I accidently got gumout into my eye and it improved my vision for a week or more ! So W. H. should be even better as it is a nature made substance ! I though you were in Texas ! JAGG :D
JAGG
buffalocannon

Post by buffalocannon »

Dear Ole'Tye, "Brought Enough Gun Club"

You're right. I confess. If I didn't enjoy nursing a sore shoulder, I wouldn't keep buying, and trying to maximize the loads of the various obsolete firearms I own. I load my .300 H&H with 200-grain bullets and powder until it is all I can do to hold onto it when I squeeze it off, and we have already discussed my .348 WCF. My .45-100 Sharps has also been taken to the drag strip, but I have decided that 100 grains of FFg under a 542-grain bullet is probably all one needs in this smokepole, unless one wants to knock down concrete walls with it. I have surprised myself with the long range accuracy of my Sharps, and I must admit that it is still the most intriguing firearm I own. Now, there is this guy I know who has a double rifle in .577 Nitro to sell..........................

Take care, Steve
TYRVR

Honeysuckle Nectar Brandy!

Post by TYRVR »

Yessir!
JAGG my old friend, that stuff will not go anyplace but down my throat...it is far too rare to waste it on eyes or bullet wounds or cancer outbreaks. When properly made and aged, a good Franklin County brandy has been known to cure an abortion! ....in fact....the fellow calling himself "Moody Holler" is an example of this, I understand from his daddy that he discovered Ol'Moody out behind one of them "Clinics".....he was in a styrofoam cup along with some cigarette butts, Moody's daddy had been looking for some tax exemptions and decided to expieriment with some triple run Franklin County stump blower, and now all the world can see the results of his efforts,....Moody Holler,.......I think them cigarette butts may have marked him though.......cause if you look at him in just the right light......you can see the words "Pall Mall" on his forehead.
Steve...I have a sometimes friend, (depends on what I've done to him lately) that owns a single shot Four Bore rifle, it was made for some big muckety muck in England, Lord somebody or other, by Rigby company, I onle shot it once, from the sitting position, at a rock about eighty yards away, when the smoke cleared the rock had a scar on it like a lightning bolt had hit it and there was two skid marks in the grass where my cheeks had been that looked like them marks on the runway at the airports! real close together and black! (NO I DIDN'T,.... I was wearing a pair of black jeans at the time) eversince then....recoil is not no where as noticeable...try that some times......but have the first aid folks near at hand.

Ol'Tye,
Member #3, of the "Brought Enough Gun Club"